Will they or won't they?

Guest timrud

Sean Claire would've been doing well to get on the pitch considering he's injured.

SC wants to go back down south, I respect that.

GH has acted (or been advised to) in an inappropiate way, no player is bigger than the club, so goodbye to him.

2 minutes ago, timrud said:

Sean Claire would've been doing well to get on the pitch considering he's injured.

SC wants to go back down south, I respect that.

GH has acted (or been advised to) in an inappropiate way, no player is bigger than the club, so goodbye to him.

And goodbye to DH too.

It's doubtless because of him that the lad's leaving.

And before people say he wants the best for his son, we want the best for the club.

Hirst senior can't have it both ways.

Let him intoxicate himself over the other side of the hill.

At a club he never played for.

George Hirst is a none starter and has been from the point the club banished him from training or playing with the club. It looked when Karen came in maybe a bit of common sense was being used to integrate him back into the club only for us all to find out that DC dummy was firmly spat out and he was not allowed to play any games.

Good luck to the lad which ever Premier League team he end up at - I pray it is not Sheff Utd or Leeds Utd though - as either of these would be a massive foot in the mouth by us.

As for Clare a strange one he got his chance and I can only think he has had his head turned by his agent and Premiership interest - hopefully the club will learn it's lesson and stop signing good young players to only 1 year contracts. But noting some of the good young players coming through most seem to be getting signed on to 1 year deals so maybe we haven't learnt our lesson after all.

This time next year it could well be the same story again with them lets hope not.

Would be nice if they signed but life is never smooth and if they want to go to pastures new then good luck to them. 

The Chairman is in a no win situation, give the players what they ask then runs the risk of other youngsters wanting parity.  If he calls their bluff he then risks scorn from some fans.  

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

George Hirst is a none starter and has been from the point the club banished him from training or playing with the club. It looked when Karen came in maybe a bit of common sense was being used to integrate him back into the club only for us all to find out that DC dummy was firmly spat out and he was not allowed to play any games.

Good luck to the lad which ever Premier League team he end up at - I pray it is not Sheff Utd or Leeds Utd though - as either of these would be a massive foot in the mouth by us.

As for Clare a strange one he got his chance and I can only think he has had his head turned by his agent and Premiership interest - hopefully the club will learn it's lesson and stop signing good young players to only 1 year contracts. But noting some of the good young players coming through most seem to be getting signed on to 1 year deals so maybe we haven't learnt our lesson after all.

This time next year it could well be the same story again with them lets hope not.

The chances are the majority of the youngsters signed up recently will fail to make the grade as Premier or Championship players (I hope I'm wrong).  Don't want to run the risk of signing them for too long just to sit there twiddling their thumbs.  Fine margins.

I’m assuming Clare won’t sign coz he wants to move back down south 

I’m assuming Hirst won’t sign coz he wants to join a premier league under 23 side

Good luck to both of them, as they would have been part of a big clubs first team plans next season had they stayed 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Watson said:

The chances are the majority of the youngsters signed up recently will fail to make the grade as Premier or Championship players (I hope I'm wrong).  Don't want to run the risk of signing them for too long just to sit there twiddling their thumbs.  Fine margins.

Simple way do what other clubs do sign up to rubbish contracts with stage improved terms if they make the grade, if they don't we release sell them on, if they do we have them signed to a 2-4 year deal.

This means we don't get held to ransom each season or end up losing our best young players for tribunal fee. You would have hope with the clusterfuck that is the GH saga we would have learned but based on the signing of Joe West, Alex Hunt, Warren Clarke etc it would appear this is not going to happen over night.

7 minutes ago, Watson said:

Would be nice if they signed but life is never smooth and if they want to go to pastures new then good luck to them. 

The Chairman is in a no win situation, give the players what they ask then runs the risk of other youngsters wanting parity.  If he calls their bluff he then risks scorn from some fans.  

Hmm, not sure about that mate. On that parity basis we wouldn't have signed Rhodes.

And no way a kid right back will ask same as a young striker such as Hirst.

But, of course, it is a difficult balance for club to achieve.

Though the Chairman didn't help by contracting Doyen for scouting, only for their related firm to come and nick Hirsty.