Happy #MindTheGap Day

7 hours ago, torres said:

Nervous wreck before the match 

Got home at 9am the following day after celebrating a little too much 

It would be impossible to celebrate THAT day too much!

• Like 1

An unbelievable ending to the season. Couldn't have scripted it better. 

Mind the gap, 5 points clear, 2 games in hand. The game they could afford to lose. They did lose and we never looked back. 

Then the icing on the cake when Simonsen sent that ball into orbit. Pure ambrosia by the football gods. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

That was pretty much the perfect day, wasn't it?

The weekend before was the day everything fell into place. Brentford and Stevenage. We had flipping Wycombe at home and 40,000 fans even we can’t get that wrong. 

10 hours ago, zico.b said:

It was a good, but the perfect day was the week before.

You couldn't have scripted how that turned out.

Seriously? United nearly always fail when the pressure is on. I'd have said them failing was a foregone conclusion. The question was would we be able to take advantage?

Walked down to Hillsborough with a family of Wycombe supporters who had parked nearby. They were already relegated but even they were looking forward to the match, the atmosphere and a very memorable day for them, too!

An amazing day and never felt as nervous despite us completely controlling the match.

Struggle to remember anything from the match as I was at the bottom of the kop and hit by 3 inflatable swimming pools, 5 inflatable sharks, a blow up (female??) doll and a giant banana.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I wasn't nervous at all.

Think we all knew we was going up after the Carlisle game. 2nd or otherwise. 

Funny that innit? I wasn't slightly nervous either. One of my mates was bricking it though.

Think there used to be someone on OT who's username was 05/05/12. Or did I make that up?

A great day to cap off a great season. 

Remember watching Dem Blades against Stevenage after we'd beaten Brentford. 

Was consigning myself to the playoffs, though I fancied our chances with the form we were in. 

United go 2 down (hang on a minute)...and then get it back to 2-2 (oh ffs)...with Beattie having one cleared off the line in the last minute. 

Full time and suddenly it's in our own hands. 

Wycombe game was incredible. So was the excessive drinking afterward :duntmatter: