Happy #MindTheGap Day

a great day - a period of time when all the stars aligned.

I wasn't nervous for this game - i just enjoyed the sheer joy of thousands of fellow Owls. I was however, a nervous wreck the week before watching dem blavdes against Stevenage trying to crawl back from 0-2 down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zico.b said:

It was a good, but the perfect day was the week before.

You couldn't have scripted how that turned out.

I didn't enjoy that day at all until it was all over, to be honest. I was an anxious, sweaty mess listening to that Blades game. I've never been so conscious of my own heartbeat as I was that day!

The Wycombe game was a breeze in comparison.

• Like 1

It all blurs into one nowadays but I remember the Carlisle (home) game being like torture until Antonio scored. For some strange reason I sometimes think back to that game and still can’t believe how the idiot ref didn’t send their left back off for bringing down Antonio when he was in a straight race with him, I mean their left back was about as quick as a tectonic plate and was getting a new one torn.

Yeah and the Stevenage game I had to switch the tv off at 2-2, but the Wycombe game I was totally calm about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

I want nervous at all!

I’ve never been more certain of a win than that day. 

All my piggy mates were ringing me up from the boozer beforehand and having me listen to their promotion party at MK Dons.

When the Antonio goal went in I did a full lap of the packed boozer I was in and people (Spanish mainly) just stared.

The Wycombe game was a day to remember (in flashbacks).

Edited by sonofbert2
  • Like 2