Westwood will be Off

Guest Arcadianrocket

37 minutes ago, ChapOwlRich said:

I was told about 2 months ago by a mate who knows someone close to the goalkeeping set up at Hillsborough that Westwood had been told to find a new club at the end of the season. I think it would suit all parties especially if a deal with Celtic can be done as Westwood gets a move to a club that will win honours and the chance to play in Europe. Wednesday get a fee if possible which will help FFP and one of the larger wages of books. Westwood would leave with a massive thank you from all the fans and we have two excellent young keepers to compete to be number 1 next season. Also another young keeper coming through who has just been offered a new deal who maybe loaned out next season to get some 'mans' football.

Doesn't he have a contract with the club that will need paying up?  Surely would make more season for him to see out his contract and be available to play.  Why bring Celtic into it?  Why would they come to his rescue and the clubs by buying him for a large amount when they could get either of the other two keepers we have for cheaper?

Personally think westy is a gonna sad to say as he has been the best keeper we’ve had in years, but with ffp hanging over us it’s probably for the best with the form of both wildsmith and Dawson and Dawson’s recent comments in media, he obviously knows something we don’t and with jos wanting younger players kind of fits with what we are trying to do 

12 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I can see Butland going to Liverpool 

yeah i agree. 

for a start both the scummers keepers are crap, secondly, Butland looks like a trampy chav who would fit in there.

He maybe needs to address his attitude to fit in though, i saw him admit blame for a mistake earlier in the season! 

kinda goes against the grain somewhat.

Poor old Rocket. 

Doesn't know the difference between an opinion and fact and can't even spell his own new username properly. 

It's Arcadian, you half wit. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, WalkleyWeds said:

Could see him going to stoke when Butland leaves after their relegation. 

Weve got two quality young keepers and I don’t think it would hurt to reinvest his transfer fee. 

Yep Westwood + Rhodes to Stoke in £6m deal rising to £8m if they get promoted..  :ph34r:

On 04/05/2018 at 18:54, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Ooooooooh, discussion over, guys.

He put 'Fact' at the end of his post. That trumps everything, even 'End of'.

On 04/05/2018 at 19:23, WalkleyWeds said:

Weve got two quality young keepers and I don’t think it would hurt to reinvest his transfer fee. 

Sell him and buy fred

I was a little bit torn on this. I’m not against him leaving if it free’s up money to be used on the team elsewhere that could benefit us more.

The big ‘if’ for me is can we keep him

fit, how is his body? Only the club insiders and medical people can answer that.

if we can keep him fit then I for one would like to keep him for next year. Yes I like Wildsmith and Dawson (who I think is the better keeper out of those 2). But let’s not forget Westwood is a top class keeper. He’s so assured and composed and lets face it is better than the young lads for now. I think a fully fit Westwood would be worth another 10 points over a championship season over the young lads.

if he does leave then we will be lucky to get a fee now anyway, so let’s keep him if we can (fitness levels and FFP permitting) and have a real push next year.

On 04/05/2018 at 19:23, WalkleyWeds said:

Stoke are ‘too big’ to be in the Championship according to Paul Lambert!!! lol

Nearly choked on my cornflakes reading that!

• Haha 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Westwood is still our best keeper by a mile but 3-4 million and I think I’d let him go.  Remember that whatever happens, we need 3 goalkeepers 

I'd say anyone is up for grabs.

We're balancing the budget now...the first year shopping is over.

Jos gave everybody the truth at the press conference.

I'm amazed that people are still picking players they'd like to keep or let go.

38 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Stoke are ‘too big’ to be in the Championship according to Paul Lambert!!! lol

Nearly choked on my cornflakes reading that!

Has he seen the teams in the championship? It’s full of clubs who said that when they got relegated. 

26 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

People who want Westwood to leave lol 

Don’t think anyone wants him to leave, but if we have to lose someone to bring In others then he’s the most obvious. At least we won’t be selling a top goalkeeper to pay the tax bills and Dave Allen’s loan. 

Westwood will undoubtedly go. We need to bring in some money. He'll definitely be wanted, will command a fairly good fee and he plays in a position that we have perceived strength in our backups. 

I'll be sad to see him go but it seems to be a no brainer.