EFL Highlights from 2018/19 will be on Quest

2 hours ago, Jon From Woodseats said:

To be fair the highlights are usually on Skysports website for free about an hour after the game so the demand for a highlights show at 9pm is probably quite low. The viewing figures must be minuscule for a channel like Quest to be the only ones willing to take them.

Never tried the Skysorts website, but it can't be worse from a Wednesday point of view than Channel 5. Almost invariably Wed. were among the last to be shown, week in, week out. 

2 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Never tried the Skysorts website, but it can't be worse from a Wednesday point of view than Channel 5. Almost invariably Wed. were among the last to be shown, week in, week out. 

Tbf we haven't exactly been box office this season. 

Nice of the EFL to move the highlights to a channel that no one has ever heard of. 

I used to watch How its Made yonks ago,normally after Id porked our gurt and shed gone to sleep and there was nowt on tv apart from roulette game shows,so I know Quest,bit suprised its been farmed that far out,its almost the darknet that far down freeview.

It’s a weird one isn’t it? Especially after they tell us it’s the 4th biggest league in Europe. Only thing I can think is that Discovery paid over the odds for it so they can advertise their channels to death in the commercial breaks and try and drive viewing figures up. 

never heard of channel ,why ? crazy I can imagine that c5 would make far more though adverts than quest what probably has never had above 10k viewers ,I would have thought it be in football leagues interest to have highlights on a main stream channel to create interest ,hence then bigger crowds . 

According to the current listings a saturday night of prime viewing on quest involves back to back episodes of salvage Hunters followed by a triple bill of Alien Encounters. Bet the regulars will be furious when Colin and Chris iwelumo crash the party. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

According to the current listings a saturday night of prime viewing on quest involves back to back episodes of salvage Hunters followed by a triple bill of Alien Encounters. Bet the regulars will be furious when Colin and Chris iwelumo crash the party. 

Nah, with those 2, they won't notice the difference.

I don’t think any channel has really capitalised on champ/L1/L2 football.

The BBC didn’t do a bad job, but 11:30pm on a sat night is too late.

Channel 5 was cringey and tried too hard.

This Quest thing will just die a slow death.

Something on the BBC on a Sunday afternoon or even better a Monday night (around 7/8pm with the full round up pressed into 40 minutes would be bang on and draw more interest.

Edited by Mac_77