Hakeeeb Adelakun

Mo Eisa from Cheltenham will be an absolute steal for whoever signs him this summer. He’s slightly older than Adelukan at 23/24 but it’s his first pro season after being plucked from non-league and he’s bagged 25. Can’t see them asking for a stupid amount. 

I think before we recruit any players we decide how we are going to be playing next season if we are adopting a 2-5-2 approach with 3 center back and wingbacks then we need the complete wingers who can cross, bomb forward and also get on the other end of crosses at the back post, but they also have to be defensively sound and have an engine to last the full 90 minutes. 

I think the reason Pudil has been retained is so if we cannot afford Venancio's buy out fee then we have at least 3 senior center backs next season + Thorniley and the rest of the developing lads.

For me we look for good established players in the 22 - 27 bracket who have played regularly this season and have a good track record on injuries, they also need to be with us for the first day of pre-season training so they are properly match fit come the first game. 

3 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

My only concern with signing lower league players is that we did exactly that 18 years ago, and look what happened.

Hillsborough is by far the biggest ground these lads will have ever played at and they get stage fright. 

Might move directly to the Premier then so he can play at grounds like Bournemouth, Watford, Huddersfield, Burnley, Palace, Brighton & Swansea!

Wow, isn't the premier League shiite! 

1 hour ago, JC3 said:

Mo Eisa from Cheltenham will be an absolute steal for whoever signs him this summer. He’s slightly older than Adelukan at 23/24 but it’s his first pro season after being plucked from non-league and he’s bagged 25. Can’t see them asking for a stupid amount. 

Be a great investment.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JC3 said:

Good shout. Looks fairly quick, two decent feet. Probably worth a punt. If nothing else him a Joao off the bench should scare teams late on.

Can't see the fee being much, given that he's 24 on the 12 July and he's only been there for 1 season.

17 hours ago, cookeh said:

Has he? Seems like he's been a bit part player who's got 'last 10 minutes' prior to this season.

That said, he's had a good season, has potential and on a free he seems like a good player to pick up.

150+ appearances (Starting and as a sub) since he broke through at 21 is quite a lot in my opinion. Compare that with Kieran Lee who has around 280 appearances to his name but is 29 (Nearly 30) then it paints a positive picture.

I guess what I was trying to say (which I think you agree with) is that he's not raw and may be worth a punt :)

20 hours ago, JC3 said:

him & jack marriot are the ones to snap up for the championship but do we really need another striker?

aren't we best investing elsewhere?

Then again if Nuhiu & Rhodes go it might not be a bad shout as we can't rely on hooper & fletch

1 hour ago, gypsyowl said:

him & jack marriot are the ones to snap up for the championship but do we really need another striker?

aren't we best investing elsewhere?

Then again if Nuhiu & Rhodes go it might not be a bad shout as we can't rely on hooper & fletch

They want circa £8M for him

Edited by sheriwozgod

On 5/2/2018 at 12:11, Brommers said:

Might move directly to the Premier then so he can play at grounds like Bournemouth, Watford, Huddersfield, Burnley, Palace, Brighton & Swansea!

Wow, isn't the premier League shiite! 

Joe Bryan set to join Burnley from Bristol City so might be playing the likes of AC Milan, Seville, Monaco and RB Leipzig in Europe next season!

1 hour ago, ReluctantNicko said:

Joe Bryan set to join Burnley from Bristol City so might be playing the likes of AC Milan, Seville, Monaco and RB Leipzig in Europe next season!

And Charlie Taylor and Chris Wood (rumour Pontus Jansson might be signed as cover for Tarkowski).

PL not so so sh*te.

If our transfer policy is anything like last pre season we'll be very underwhelmed again 

Let's hope we replace Loovens and Wallace but with such a massive squad I'm not sure we will.

We need to hope players like Jones, Rhodes,Abdi and Fletcher go elsewhere so we can spend on decent players

Not so sure our scouting network is sufficiently evolved to bring in lower league players this summer. We've not done this with any success since DC was here, Fox and Wiggins spring to mind and they were hardly huge successes! Don't think Jos has been here long enough to have in depth knowledge of the lower leagues, hence why he suggested a focus on players with Championship or above experience perhaps?

I am not sure we have the FFP wiggle room to be investing long term this summer, with several high earners contracted until 2019 (unless we can offload a good few of them, which is unlikely). We will be shopping for players close to the end of their contracts or out of contract or players on loan from premier League teams I suspect.

1 hour ago, ReluctantNicko said:

Yeh, they're all shiite too! :biggrin: