Seem to remember us being linked with him earlier in the season , watched most of the Scunthorpe v Plymouth game last night where he scored a belter and played very well.

is he still out of contract at the end of the season ?

• Agree 1

He’s scored a few good ones this season - looks like he has some ability too

I have no qualms with signing players down the football ladder. I remember hearing Harry Redknapp once saying that there's plenty of premiership quality footballers playing in League Two and vise versa. The problem being having a good scouting set up and the ability to take a risk.

I'd rather sign five lower league players in their early to mid-20s with loads of games under their belt than a 30-odd year old premiership bit-part player. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

This lad would be my first signing & a great replacement for Wallace, the lad has some real ability & looks championship ready for me

We were linked with him before, I hope we sign him

My only concern with signing lower league players is that we did exactly that 18 years ago, and look what happened.

Hillsborough is by far the biggest ground these lads will have ever played at and they get stage fright. 

• Agree 3

He's played ALOT of football for his age which is incredibly encouraging and seems to be getting better with every season.

He's certainly one to look at as a squad player.

I was also quite impressed with irons right back Jordan Clarke.

48 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

My only concern with signing lower league players is that we did exactly that 18 years ago, and look what happened.

Hillsborough is by far the biggest ground these lads will have ever played at and they get stage fright. 

We could wait a few months for them to have played at the Stadium of Light then.

3 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Seem to remember us being linked with him earlier in the season , watched most of the Scunthorpe v Plymouth game last night where he scored a belter and played very well.

is he still out of contract at the end of the season ?

I was impressed with him last night 

2 hours ago, swfcGibbo said:

He's played ALOT of football for his age

Has he? Seems like he's been a bit part player who's got 'last 10 minutes' prior to this season.

That said, he's had a good season, has potential and on a free he seems like a good player to pick up.

1 minute ago, RedDragonOwl said:

He’s basically Jeremy Helan. No end product.

3 goals, 11 assists this season. For a 21 year old in his first season where he's actually a regular starter, that's pretty solid stats.

21 years old and 160 appearances.

Haven't seen him play myself, but from the reviews above could be a very astute addition to the squad.

Is he quick?

Can he cross a ball?

He seemed to play more centrally rather than out wide last night.

He looked good but I think he'd struggle with the step up to the Championship. I love the thought of looking at lower league players, but I think Adelakun is at his level.

Just now, Owlbert Einstein said:

He looked good but I think he'd struggle with the step up to the Championship. I love the thought of looking at lower league players, but I think Adelakun is at his level.

I wouldn't pick him up as a starting 11 player, he's for sure.

I'd look at someone like Youness Mokhtar for that, then bring in Adelukan as the back up for him.

21 is young, but the guy seems to have something. Quick, runs at people and can strike a ball. So the building blocks are there.

Someone asked 'can he cross'.. he seems to be a regular corner taker at the moment, which has been the source of a few of his assists. Looks like he can put a decent ball in, not seem him cross 'on the run' much tho. A fair few of his other assists are actually balls thru to runners, rather than crosses.

4 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

Hakeeeb had too many 'e's!

Aye, but he's calmed down a lot since he left London.

• Haha 3

I watched the game, he is good going forward and has many attributes that you want in a player. He is not good on defensive side of game and nowadays you have to have some ability in this area as well. Think this is reason why not been snapped up for premier ofr Championship as he has been known about for a couple of years.

3 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

the quality in the lower leagues is a lot better than what it was back then

You'll probably get 50% right in any signing, at least if you sign lower league players over more experienced players at a higher level, it's a lot lower risk in terms of fee & wages

there's a lot of talent below championship, especially young, black, pacey attacking players, I'd like to see us sign one & this lad fits the bill for me, it's worth the risk