Looks quite busy for Sunday...

Sod thinking about playing the likes of Loovens and Hirst on Sunday, I want to see the future of Sheff Wed, not the has beens or might of beens. I wouldn't mind watching 3 young guns start and another 2 on the bench against Norwich.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

Sod thinking about playing the likes of Loovens and Hirst on Sunday, I want to see the future of Sheff Wed, not the has beens or might of beens. I wouldn't mind watching 3 young guns start and another 2 on the bench against Norwich.

Agree on Hirst but should absolutely give Loovens the chance to take a final bow and no need to refer to him as a "has been".

7 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Agree on Hirst but should absolutely give Loovens the chance to take a final bow and no need to refer to him as a "has been".

As far as I am concerned he should have left last summer, not this. As far as a has been is concerned.....to Sheff Wed that is exactly what he now becomes. No special treatment should be afforded to him or any other player leaving, use the occasion to play in front of a larger crowd to the benefit of the youngsters. No sentiment.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

As far as I am concerned he should have left last summer, not this. As far as a has been is concerned.....to Sheff Wed that is exactly what he now becomes. No special treatment should be afforded to him or any other player leaving, use the occasion to play in front of a larger crowd to the benefit of the youngsters. No sentiment.

Nothing wrong with a bit of sentiment in football - I think that's often what makes it such a special game. I'm not advocating a John Terry style send-off but would love to see him involved. Would show a touch of class and respect towards the club captain.

1 minute ago, Steve Down South said:

Nothing wrong with a bit of sentiment in football - I think that's often what makes it such a special game. I'm not advocating a John Terry style send-off but would love to see him involved. Would show a touch of class and respect towards the club captain.

I will not be travelling over 150 miles on Sunday to throw beach balls around,  watch a player going through the motions because of sentiment or watch the Norwich fans have a good day out !! I want to see a young eager team play at full pace with determination and see if they can handle the bigger stage. I want some of the senior players looking over their combined shoulders to see the strength of our young guns chasing their places and have them thinking about that until they come back to pre season. You have your sentiment, but I will be wanting something else. I do not want Norwich supporters returning home with a smile on their faces, but I want a smile on my face as I travel home, Being a s/t holder I have not always made the long journey home with a smile this season and Loovens, I'm afraid will not do it !!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

I will not be travelling over 150 miles on Sunday to throw beach balls around,  watch a player going through the motions because of sentiment or watch the Norwich fans have a good day out !! I want to see a young eager team play at full pace with determination and see if they can handle the bigger stage. I want some of the senior players looking over their combined shoulders to see the strength of our young guns chasing their places and have them thinking about that until they come back to pre season. You have your sentiment, but I will be wanting something else. I do not want Norwich supporters returning home with a smile on their faces, but I want a smile on my face as I travel home, Being a s/t holder I have not always made the long journey home with a smile this season and Loovens, I'm afraid will not do it !!

Fair enough - you clearly take it a lot more seriously than I do. Hopefully we both have smiles on our faces tomorrow afternoon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whatahoot said:

Cant we have a combination of the 2?

Get Loovens on for last 10minutes he deserves a send off as he has been quality for us since signed and a major factor in Lees becoming the defender he is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whatahoot said:

I think exactly the same and most supporters that go regularly will too pal 

100% rather see Nielsen than Loovens play - if either!! 

A Norwich mate of mine who lives in sheffield isn’t going as he refuses to pay £36. 

We do charge away fans too much....(and many home fans - yes that old chestnut)

Hillsborough is a massive place and needs filling. When Dion Dublin retired v Norwich last game a few years back it was £20 - and there was 35,000 there.

32 minutes ago, Stan Dupowls said:

A Norwich mate of mine who lives in sheffield isn’t going as he refuses to pay £36. 

Hillsborough is a massive place and needs filling. When Dion Dublin retired v Norwich last game a few years back it was £20 - and there was 35,000 there.

it's £30 for Norwich fans - same as our Kop.

And there will still be close to 30k there.

Edited by royalowlisback

5 hours ago, Stan Dupowls said:

35000 there as we needed a win to stay up

10 hours ago, Whatahoot said:

To be fair I agree with this, 136 mile journey through roadworks & various delays to see us not turn up is annoying. 

last year we played Fulham in the final game, gave a few run outs to fringe players, pretty sure it was 'inflatables day' only to lose & drive a disappointing 3.5 hours home. 

Id much rather turn up, see the lads play with commitment, hopefully get the win 

return home smiling.... perfect formula