Programs would you miss them?

32 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Matchday programmes are part of the matchday experience so hope they are here to stay 

So were rattles and rosettes. Everything in life moves on. Even using cash to buy things is becoming an old fashioned habit. 

Like most printed publications, websites have taken over the function of the programme for the most part, so its kind of inevitable. Look at all the magazines you used to buy back in the day that don't exist anymore.

Wednesday have always been one of the best clubs when it comes to programmes, in terms of both quality and sales volume, so it would be a shame to lose the tangible, collectable item - but there's nothing to say that the same content isn't and can't be published, just done online.

Most clubs at lower level just don't sell much volume and have to staff and print at a huge cost, so it is understandable that they'd want to drop them.

Also, I like getting a programme, just as I like marking the players out of ten with my Dad as we walk back to the car. I agree they're not superb - and I admit that I had no idea that they were mandatory - but I like them and I will be a bit sorry if I can't get one any more. And yes, I keep them and yes, I am Mr Trebus.

It's not the same having to look up an old game online. I prefer to flick through a programme. It gives you a snapshot of what was happening at the time - Player interviews, previous match write up, the team sheet, a look at who was in the reserves and youth teams. A lot of that information isn't or won't be available in years to come. 
I've got hundreds of the things in the loft and will always flick through when i'm up there and take 15 minutes to read an interview with Steve Harkness or Rob Burch. Or read about how we scraped a 0-1 win away at Hartlepool in 2011. Look at the where we were in the league table at that exact time etc. 
As stupid as it sounds, even looking at the old adverts is nostalgic (Where else would see a 1991 Vauxhall Astra advert?) 

Plus it's something to pass down to my kids - who I am hoping will be as sad and geeky as I was as a kid, and sit there reading up on Wednesday history from programmes of yesteryear. 

LONG LIVE THE PROGRAMME!! 

I would miss them.

I've got loads and though I don't by too many nowadays, I still buy two or three a season. When I do get one i always enjoy the read still and ours are pretty good in fairness.

I don't think three pound is too bad really, particularly when compared to certain other match day purchases to many, i.e. pies, booze, ticket, burger ETC.

If we make money from them, which I assume we do, then why stop.