Reach.

Nuhiu. 

Lee.

Pelupessy.

Pudil.

Bannan.

Westwood

Hutchinson.

Some better than others as candidates. Either Reach or Lee for me. I know we don't know whether he will be fit for next season.

Cattermole would be a singularly bad choice as captain. He is not a leader. 

I can see that at his best he could do well as a player at championship level still. But there are clear risks in taking 30yos who have been in decline. Not at all enthusiastic. Taking a player as a leader when for two years the main issue has been a lack of leadership, weak commitment, and going missing in games, would be....odd.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 hour ago, thewookieisdown said:

Reach.

Nuhiu. 

Lee.

Pelupessy.

Pudil.

Bannan.

Westwood

Hutchinson.

Some better than others as candidates. Either Reach or Lee for me. I know we don't know whether he will be fit for next season.

Cattermole would be a singularly bad choice as captain. He is not a leader. 

I can see that at his best he could do well as a player at championship level still. But there are clear risks in taking 30yos who have been in decline. Not at all enthusiastic. Taking a player as a leader when for two years the main issue has been a lack of leadership, weak commitment, and going missing in games, would be....odd.

Image result for if you always do what you always did

13 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Image result for if you always do what you always did

I love these images which splatter a pseudo-intellectual, often vaguely motivational, yet always trite, quote onto a photo of a celebrity, a sunrise, or some other such unconnected fluff, and then attribute the quote to whoever they think might impress their gullible readers.

pablo-7-825x510.png.c56cd3b5f43f8369fe63ed215d5d01be.png

robbins-2.thumb.jpg.178b0e7435249b0a9da4aea595cfba9b.jpg

always-do-copy.jpg.0f178cc4a84d9d7dc2570f63f140c60d.jpg

DJrfvbIV4AEp9Lb.thumb.jpg.a393358a06f7c5ddc1314b86abd00229.jpg

12795166180cc9633823ad129e50bb68.jpg.f49b56b6cc8987bdc83573f0f4c1f28e.jpg

18 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Back-to-back relegations. The only thing he has shown leadership in at Sunderland in the last couple of years is the encouragement of the drinking culture and a complete lack of direction on and off the pitch. 

I thought John o'shea is captain but still I wouldn't have either of them. 

Think the question to ask after this thread is which club does the mole support?

A mole is usually an infilitrator and from everything I have read i suspect that is what he may be.Bit of an aroma around this.

Magnificent performance tonight

Can't believe he's playing for a league one side!!!! Why has no premier league team or championship team signed him

Taking him off killed any hope for Sunderland to produce a victory 

Edited by katie melua

On 30/04/2018 at 14:10, Hillsborough Mole said:

I'd not only sign him, I'd make him club captain for us next year. Exactly the kind of combative midfielder we need with Hutch not able to feature regularly. I'd keep Hutch as cover for centre half and centre midfield duties when we need him.

Would imagine he'll be available too.

Volatile, keeps that company who makes yellow cards in business. Captained a side to 2 relegations. Scores less than Morgan Fox. Aged.

Get a grip of your senses man.

I'd not only sign him, I'd make him club captain for us next year. Exactly the kind of combative midfielder we need with Hutch not able to feature regularly. I'd keep Hutch as cover for centre half and centre midfield duties when we need him.

Still fancy it Grandad, based on the wage below? Not sure it fits with our financial position, can't have too many over the hill midfielders on a packet though eh!

Oh, and we need Hutch every week in both positions, never mind keeping him as cover!

4 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Watched the game with my. brother in law tonight (Sunderland ST holder) and he's still on 32k a week.

I know we've got Jones on 90k but it's still a bit much given our position.

Edited by Guest

Worst disciplinary record in the history of the premier league (a red or yellow card every 2.9 games).

Old.

Slow.

Tail of the highest order (Banned from all pubs in the area for 4 years in 2008)

SBNation (their fanzine) has this to say about him:

"The midfielder has had a turbulent last year-and-a-half on Wearside that has seen the Stadium of Light crowd go from almost worshipping the Stockton born 30-year-old to turning on him after a series of woeful displays in last season’s Championship campaign - not to mention his alleged pre-season outburst at Hartlepool.

Our love affair with a man who was once tipped for an England cap is as dead as a door nail - the man we all used to love has fallen so far out of favour fans are clamouring for any club to take him off our hands.

These days he’s slow on the ball, his tackling is weak and mistimed; he’s so far removed from the Lee Cattermole we loved only a few years ago.

But apart from the obvious playing limitations - why else has his stock fallen so quickly?

Is the unwavering criticism fair? Yes. 100%. He’s been poor for well over a year..."

Nuff said. 

TLDR version: No, he's cack.

Hutch isn’t a cover player he’s a first team starter when fit. To have hutch in your team and sat on the bench is wasteful

hes by far our best defensive midfielder ( I’d say better that catermole too)

and id argue he’s our best centre back