Lee Cattermole

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Hes played more Prem games in the last 5 years than any of our players I can think of. 

But yeah. Must be crap

I thought he usually looked ok for Sunderland and would give us what we need when Hutchinson can’t. But he is on high wages and recently signed a long contract, I hear he likes a night out too.

There must be a ball winner in the lower leagues or unwanted in u23 at one of the bigger clubs we can find. Ben Pearson is an example.

Never really understood the rationale of signing players from clubs that have been relegated from the same league as us. 

There is a reason they have been relegated - they generally aren’t good enough.   You may get the odd exception but in the main the clue is in the teams final postion. 

..and as for one that is 30 - can’t believe people are even mooting this as a viable option, considering the baggage we currently have.

A complete rethink on who we should be signing needs to occur - I am cautiously confident JL is the man to do it.

18 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I don't know really.

On one hand he'd be a combative midfielder we'd need.

On other hand he'd be another over 30 ex-Prem player who'd be on a fair whack looking for a last pay day.

I wouldn't be dissappointed if he signed, but I also wouldn't be dissappointed if he didn't.

I would be extremely disappointed if he did sign for us !! .

I don’t understand Owlstalk sometimes.

One of the few things ever to unite all opinions is that we’ve been hampered by signing ageing players on big money.

The season comes close to an end and the first suggestions I see are Cattermole and Onouha 

Just bizarre

21 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I'd not only sign him, I'd make him club captain for us next year. Exactly the kind of combative midfielder we need with Hutch not able to feature regularly. I'd keep Hutch as cover for centre half and centre midfield duties when we need him.

Would imagine he'll be available too.

He's been a passenger on Sunderland's particular Titanic for the last 2 years so it's a no from me. Watch the extended highlights from our game at their place. Lets Nuhiu and João walk past him, plays his keeper into trouble with an unnecessary slide tackle which leads to Joao's goal. His legs have gone. I'm not sure this isn't a wind up.

Cattermole is like a throw back to 1970's players and not just because he wears his shorts up to his t!ts.

He leads the drink culture at Sunderland and has shown no leadership qualities over the last two seasons.  Add to that his poor fitness and disciplinary record and you have a player we definitely want to avoid!

Can't see Jos looking at him.  Honeyman on the other hand, that lad could be useful.

Hope we learned the lesson signing players with Premiership pedigree who are in their 30's.

We need players desperate to prove themselves in Wednesday shirt who already showed promise and that we can develop furthee, build around and/or sell for profit.