Hopefully same won't happen to Kieran Lee...

1 hour ago, poite said:

Theres two scenarios:

1) The band formed and wrote some songs. They put those songs on a CD and released it to the public. The public heard it and thought it was great and tons of people ended up buying it. Then the band decide that based on the amount of fans who bought their CD they'd play a live show. The management thought that based on CD sales they'd be able to play a massive stadium. 50k people turn up and and as result the band get rich and famous. 

2) The band formed and wrote some songs. They put those songs on a CD and released it to the public. Nobody bought it. The band didn't bother doing any shows. They still make music today and play in the local pub on firdays but all still have their day jobs. 

I love how both of your scenarios start with the phrase:

”The band formed...”

Case closed m’lud.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I love how both of your scenarios start with the phrase:

”The band formed...”

Case closed m’lud.

I can see why this has gone on and on. 

I think using chicken and egg was the wrong phrase to use. I'm not suggesting that the fans literally came first. When you said 'players come first' I thought you were implying that they are the most important. If you'd have said 'came' first i think I'd have read it differently I.e. past tense 

All I'm arguing is that without players the fans wouldn't have anytbing to support (which you said already) but without the fans you'd just have 22 players playing on a field. They wouldn't be holding 4 year contracts earning 30k a week.  

Edited by poite

19 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

On reflection you’re probably right, if last season proved one thing it’s that the medical team are doing a great job at Hillsborough. :ghoulguy:

How have you assessed whether they’re great or not? What’s your knowledge of their actual job roles? 

5 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

Some guy posted this picture on Monday about his daughter meeting a few players. Seems promising!  Lee seems to have nicked Loovens shorts too. :laugh:

EF88A8BE-38B9-441B-82E5-BCF9D21CE70A.thumb.jpeg.3cd56b6cae8852854d8f9abbc0c09a10.jpeg

Interesting shot of the long standing injured players. Was this taken at a convalescent home.

26 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

Some guy posted this picture on Monday about his daughter meeting a few players. Seems promising!  Lee seems to have nicked Loovens shorts too. :laugh:

EF88A8BE-38B9-441B-82E5-BCF9D21CE70A.thumb.jpeg.3cd56b6cae8852854d8f9abbc0c09a10.jpeg

Think that's Bawtry Road, where Sheff Utd play. Cricket that is. 

On 30 April 2018 at 22:30, TrickyTrev said:

Whether he forced them to play or not, it’s his call and he played them.

Sometimes players need protected, it’s exactly what Hutchinson and Lees said Jos Luhukay has done with them.

It’s a far more responsible approach to injury management.

Some players will often bs about their fitness, some pretend their fit to play and some will claim their injured.

1 hour ago, Suzuki_San said:

That looks like the spine of a decent looking side at Championship level

Especially (apart from two starts for Hutch) Jos hasn't had them available for selection

3 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

yer this defo a recent pic as ive seen hutch a few days ago and he had that hair style with streaks, very promising to see them all on training pitch ,if we can get these 5 fully fit its like 5 new signings 

3 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

Best photo I've seen all day. 

So good to see them all back training. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vulva said:

Think that's Bawtry Road, where Sheff Utd play. Cricket that is. 

The original tweet shows it might be near Shooters Grove Primary School in S65.  Who knows...

https://twitter.com/leejenko/status/1008768357674442758

3 hours ago, Ethel The Tree said:

That looks like the spine of a decent looking side at Championship level

Especially (apart from two starts for Hutch) Jos hasn't had them available for selection

Westwood commented on the tweet and said similar!

Untitled.png.d979cd08b085c8885154441a1fd47215.png

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

yer this defo a recent pic as ive seen hutch a few days ago and he had that hair style with streaks, very promising to see them all on training pitch ,if we can get these 5 fully fit its like 5 new signings 

Crazy to think Jos has not seen 4 of them play at all. 

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

Best photo I've seen all day. 

So good to see them all back training. 

Same here, I bloody love Kieran Lee. :wub:

2 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

The original tweet shows it might be near Shooters Grove Primary School in S65.  Who knows...

https://twitter.com/leejenko/status/1008768357674442758

Westwood commented on the tweet and said similar!

Untitled.png.d979cd08b085c8885154441a1fd47215.png

Crazy to think Jos has not seen 4 of them play at all. 

Same here, I bloody love Kieran Lee. :wub:

Me too. Top, top, top, player.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

Ive heard from a mate in Geordie land that Mike Ashley is putting all the academy pros on the standard Sports Direct zero hours contract.

Dunno if this is a wind up but that wouldn't be allowed to happen

15 hours ago, scram said:

Dunno if this is a wind up but that wouldn't be allowed to happen

There's so much misinformation, fake news, lies, and made up poo , posted on the internet these days, including this thread, that it's difficult to know what's what. 

When was the last time we had a fully fit squad? Preston away probably closest but it’s been said a few times on here that some players including FF were carrying injuries start of last season. I think if we have all our players injury free and proper fit we could be up there next season without having to sign many players. 

21 hours ago, CLswfc said:

Interesting shot of the long standing injured players. Was this taken at a convalescent home.

Yeah good to see the longer term injuries in a week or two ahead of normal training for either training or extra fitness work.

I'm still convinced that Jos came in and said to to DC something along the lines of "You can't keep limping along with all your best players injured every other week. This season is out of reach but I'll keep you up with kids and reserves, if we give the first team a rest and full rehab for 9 months we can do something next season".

All the players that were due back in two weeks dropped off the radar, FF was away for 3 extra months, youth came through, contracts were offered. He could never say it but I think Jos wrote last season off before he walked in the door and I think it could have been an excellent decision. A full season of Hutch, Lee, FF, Hooper, Fletcher, hell even Abdi and Mathias could tear this division a new one

• Haha 1