Hopefully same won't happen to Kieran Lee...

Just now, Wakefield owl said:

As previous poster said this is laughable. Firstly you don't know that and secondly managers do not determine when players are fit or not.

All three of them have it admitted it so yes we do know that.

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

Ok then. WTF:

It's just an easy stick to beat CC with but has little factual basis. The manager cannot make decisions on fitness, he is not qualified to. If what a lot of you claim was true then the club and CC would be sued by the players in question.

One of the players you mention is Tom Lees. I assume that's the same Tom Lees who overtrained against medical advice and suffered a setback.

22 hours ago, HubristicClapper said:

A lot has been spoken of Lee having to retire.

Does anyone have any evidence of this?

It seems some have evidence of the contrary?

Anyone?

Obviously (hopefully obviously) we all wish Lee does not retire and has a future still with us?

As far as I can tell (and I’ve had a lot of spare time recently), no. I’ve not seen anything other than opinion. 

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Ok then. WTF:

Hutchinson did an interview praising Carlos and his training methods in his first or second season as did others. When results are good, footballers will praise the manager , when things go south they completely change there tune , it’s called passing the buck. Carlos was rightfully sacked but very few of our players have earnt there money this year, unfortunately you can’t sack players. 

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 07:14, clud17 said:

I wish someone had forced me to retire at 31, I'm 46 now and still got another 21 years to go before i can put my feet up.

It's not so great I get less rest now than when I was working lol 

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 18:12, owls about that said:

I played my last game for sunday morning team at the age of 57

same here mate and had twenty mins for owstalk at 62 , lol got an assist in that one lol 

THE most important bit of summer business. Getting this lad back!

If he retires you would have to pay £5-£10M to replace him. He really is that good.  

I am praying that the posters above are wrong but pretty telling multiple sources are saying the same. 

Pray for Kieran! 

23 minutes ago, Brad_owl said:

THE most important bit of summer business. Getting this lad back!

If he retires you would have to pay £5-£10M to replace him. He really is that good.  

I am praying that the posters above are wrong but pretty telling multiple sources are saying the same. 

Pray for Kieran! 

Who knows but I wouldn't worry about multiple posters. No one commenting on this thread has the remotest idea. It's random no-mark posters feeding off each other.

We can but wait and hope

9 hours ago, Avon barksdale said:

unfortunately you can’t sack players. 

Players are no different to managers so yes you can "sack" them in the same way managers are

most managers aren't sacked they are relieved of their duties and continue to be paid or a pay off is agreed. There is nothing stopping similar happening with players.

11 hours ago, Wakefield owl said:

It's just an easy stick to beat CC with but has little factual basis.

Little factual basis?

Here is an interview with Fernando Forestieri about how he was playing while injured towards the end of last season.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-fernando-forestieri-on-playing-through-injury-who-made-the-choice-to-delay-surgery-rehab-in-spain-and-frustration-1-9090352/amp

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Exactly, thanks for illustrating my point. No where does it say that CC made him play, if doctor and FF said he wasn't fit then that would have been the end of it. So yes, little factual basis to 'blame' CC.

No doubt some regret from FF here as, with hindsight, it was the wrong decision as FF was very poor in the play-offs. Incidentally if the scenario had been put to the fans at the time then a majority would have wanted him to play I suspect.

33 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Exactly, thanks for illustrating my point. No where does it say that CC made him play, if doctor and FF said he wasn't fit then that would have been the end of it. So yes, little factual basis to 'blame' CC.

No doubt some regret from FF here as, with hindsight, it was the wrong decision as FF was very poor in the play-offs. Incidentally if the scenario had been put to the fans at the time then a majority would have wanted him to play I suspect.

Carlos Carvalhal decided to play him even though he was carrying an injury.

Now you can say he didn’t make him play until you’re blue in the face but any player will try to play in the big matches (such as playoffs) if he can and sometimes they need protecting from themselves.

Carlos as manager had the final say on team selection and he selected Forestieri when he needed an operation. We have paid the price for this reckless attitude this season losing our best player for the vast majority of it.

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Carlos Carvalhal decided to play him even though he was carrying an injury.

Now you can say he didn’t make him play until you’re blue in the face but any player will try to play in the big matches (such as playoffs) if he can and sometimes they need protecting from themselves.

Carlos as manager had the final say on team selection and he selected Forestieri when he needed an operation. We have paid the price for this reckless attitude this season losing our best player for the vast majority of it.

If we had been promoted due to FF scoring; no one would be complaining 

Sometimes you you have to take a risk