keeping these two

13 hours ago, scram said:

I like what i've seen of Venancio - much better defender that JVA (who looks miles off currently)

Definitely keep him if it can be done

I'd also want Pudil for at least another year - more for CB than LB these days though

Defo in agreement if Scram likes him.

I'm a big fan of Big Fred. Will only get better now he's up to speed and i think he's potentially a future captain at the club.

Plus he's a bit of a studmuffin :goalie:

Jesus, don't take much to buy our fans favour does it. 

Pudil - thanks for the effort over the last few years but you have put on too much weight and got too comfy under Carlos. This should and will cost you another few years at this level - legs have gone now. When chasing attackers/wingers I have to turn away, and when he tackles with his ass? This to hide the fact that he has had his day..  Bye 

Nuhiu - Another one who spent years overweight and not interested at times - funny how everyone can play their ass off when they need another contract. Remember that Leon Clarke went on a run of 9 goals in 4 games but ultimately teams with very average players are very average. Also remember he went nearly 3 years without a goal. 

Fred - Give him a chance and pay a little but not a lot

Overall, the reason we are where we are is because players like this need moving on. There are plenty of average defenders and strikers who are big and strong but offer more skill and speed.... 

I await the negs but I am right! 

5 minutes ago, Lee Davies said:

Jesus, don't take much to buy our fans favour does it. 

Pudil - thanks for the effort over the last few years but you have put on too much weight and got too comfy under Carlos. This should and will cost you another few years at this level - legs have gone now. When chasing attackers/wingers I have to turn away, and when he tackles with his ass? This to hide the fact that he has had his day..  Bye 

Nuhiu - Another one who spent years overweight and not interested at times - funny how everyone can play their ass off when they need another contract. Remember that Leon Clarke went on a run of 9 goals in 4 games but ultimately teams with very average players are very average. Also remember he went nearly 3 years without a goal. 

Fred - Give him a chance and pay a little but not a lot

Overall, the reason we are where we are is because players like this need moving on. There are plenty of average defenders and strikers who are big and strong but offer more skill and speed.... 

I await the negs but I am right! 

Not from me. I’d released all the out of contract players as well. There are 5 out of contract players;

Kean - keeper and he is 4th choice. Defo release.

Loovens - being a brilliant defender and captain but he has aged 5 years this season. He goes with our very best wishes.

Pudil - has been great, then dreadful and this season he has played well in a back 3. I have huge concerns with the average age of the squad. We have Thorniley and Van Aken who can play the left of a back 3 if we continue with this system. I would release. If we went with a back 4 next season, I’m not sure whether he could play left back again.

Wallace - Vastly underrated footballer and I think he has been a super player for us. Again, he is aging and we already have Boyd on our books. We need this squad freshening up. Release but again he goes with our very best wishes.

Dave - He has played very well in the last few months. But what about his record in the first 4.5 years. He’s obviously popular and he does give him 100% but we have a load of strikers and some will come back into the team next season. Will he start games next season when Hooper and Fletcher are fit? We also have Joao and Forestieri. I would release.

Im probably being harsh but we are on the back of a shocking campaign and 2 failed playoff campaigns and this squad needs freshening up.

Our key players are Lees, Bannan, Lee, FF, Hooper and Reach. Westwood when fit but we have 2 good young keepers coming through. Build the squad around that lot. One or two have injury problems but we need to trust our medics to ensure they are all fighting fit next season.

19 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Not from me. I’d released all the out of contract players as well. There are 5 out of contract players;

Kean - keeper and he is 4th choice. Defo release.

Loovens - being a brilliant defender and captain but he has aged 5 years this season. He goes with our very best wishes.

Pudil - has been great, then dreadful and this season he has played well in a back 3. I have huge concerns with the average age of the squad. We have Thorniley and Van Aken who can play the left of a back 3 if we continue with this system. I would release. If we went with a back 4 next season, I’m not sure whether he could play left back again.

Wallace - Vastly underrated footballer and I think he has been a super player for us. Again, he is aging and we already have Boyd on our books. We need this squad freshening up. Release but again he goes with our very best wishes.

Dave - He has played very well in the last few months. But what about his record in the first 4.5 years. He’s obviously popular and he does give him 100% but we have a load of strikers and some will come back into the team next season. Will he start games next season when Hooper and Fletcher are fit? We also have Joao and Forestieri. I would release.

Im probably being harsh but we are on the back of a shocking campaign and 2 failed playoff campaigns and this squad needs freshening up.

Our key players are Lees, Bannan, Lee, FF, Hooper and Reach. Westwood when fit but we have 2 good young keepers coming through. Build the squad around that lot. One or two have injury problems but we need to trust our medics to ensure they are all fighting fit next season.

Spot on with everything you said here! 

On 30 April 2018 at 00:26, Not Jon Newsome said:

Have you seen him play?! He's more than good enough, if we can  get him back for a couple of million it'll be a bargain. Good age and has already been a captain at his previous club. 

Yes Ive seen him play. His marking is just ok and his distribution is at times very poor. If we have£2.5m to spend I would hope we can do better. Time will tell