keeping these two

Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 hours ago, SS Owl said:

Id keep Pudil but Fred is simply not good enough

I’m totally opposite.  Pudil will be 33 this year.  I’d keep Fred if we can get him for 2 million or less and then bring in a left sided cb.

Fred, Lees, new   Starting 

Hutch, Nielsen, van Aken, Thorniley as options 

Looks good to me!

Atdhe

Would love to see him stay. Having said that, not against selling if the right offer came along though.

Fred

Done ok. 

Not totally convinced yet but worth a go at the right price.

Pudil 

Torn on this one tbh.

Performances at CB have been superb at times, and if he was 4/5yrs younger I would have no hesitation.

However, 33 later this year so part of me thinks let JVA and JT fight it out for LCB.

After all, we'll never know if they're good enough if they don't play regularly.

14 minutes ago, MaliceInBlunderland said:

Atdhe

Would love to see him stay. Having said that, not against selling if the right offer came along though.

Fred

Done ok. 

Not totally convinced yet but worth a go at the right price.

Pudil 

Torn on this one tbh.

Performances at CB have been superb at times, and if he was 4/5yrs younger I would have no hesitation.

However, 33 later this year so part of me thinks let JVA and JT fight it out for LCB.

After all, we'll never know if they're good enough if they don't play regularly.

Nuhiu's out of contract in the summer, so we won't be selling him.

His stock has never been higher than it is right now, so he's going into contract negotiations with a strong hand. If we can't agree something with him, I'm sure there'll be plenty of takers.

10 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Nuhiu's out of contract in the summer, so we won't be selling him.

His stock has never been higher than it is right now, so he's going into contract negotiations with a strong hand. If we can't agree something with him, I'm sure there'll be plenty of takers.

Ok, hands up, forgot he was out of contract.

You're quite right.

Definitely keep then if possible, as long as he doesn't ask for silly money.

I must be in the minority but no way would I keep big Dave, has he done well in the run in, yes, has he been good enough in his time here , no.

if we want to be 16th or 17th that’s fine but if we want a big push, not a chance.

everyone is saying we need pace, if we had pace in the side Nuhui would never get in the box and his mobility would be questioned more than it ever has.

pudil 1year deal, Fred 2 year deal

15 minutes ago, MaliceInBlunderland said:

Ok, hands up, forgot he was out of contract.

You're quite right.

Definitely keep then if possible, as long as he doesn't ask for silly money.

Definitely. He's always been a handy option to have in the squad, but the form he's shown under Luhukay hints at some previously-untapped potential to be a genuine threat at this level. Sometimes a manager and player just click, and if Luhukay thinks he can continue to coax performances out of Nuhiu, then it would be a shame to see him leave.

1 hour ago, thekimmyowl said:

I must be in the minority but no way would I keep big Dave, has he done well in the run in, yes, has he been good enough in his time here , no.

if we want to be 16th or 17th that’s fine but if we want a big push, not a chance.

everyone is saying we need pace, if we had pace in the side Nuhui would never get in the box and his mobility would be questioned more than it ever has.

didn't we make the play offs twice with nuhiu in the squad ?........

11 minutes ago, torryowl said:

didn't we make the play offs twice with nuhiu in the squad ?........

We have finished progressively higher every season that Nuhiu has been at the club. This season when Carlos was prone to leaving him out was the most unsuccessful period for several seasons. Since Nuhiu has re-established himself in the first team squad, that trend has been reversed and we are once again on an upward trajectory. Worth a thought? 

Edited by ChinaOwl

Get Nuhiu signed up, his form under Jos has been very good.  He is out of contract so if we sell him we get nothing, once signed up if you decide you sell and get a fee. Worse case scenario, he doesn't cut the mustard on a week by week basis but what a sub to have. Win win situation.

Venancio for the reported fee of 1.8m I would sign him, decent defender, great attitude, no injury issues and the right age. Looks bette defensively than JA.

Pudil been really good at left centre half and can fill in at left full back if needed. Depending on wages would offer a one year deal no more than that, his legs seem to be going and we don't want another situation like we have with Loovens this year we're the mind is willing but th body can't compete.

Think its all about money, if we can get them for the right price fine but we do not want to overpay. We have had a tendency to do this in last few years..

Both are useful squad players for matchday 18 and will make contribution to side.

I think we need upgrade on defenders we have as currently defending using numbers and this stifles performance going forward. Against Wolves we used 7/8 men to  defend for most of game,it worked but we need to be a threat going forward as well for succesful season.

9 hours ago, Manor Owl said:

Shows how much I know but I thought that we had an option to buy Fred if we wanted. But that the fee had already been set last year at £2.5 million 

7 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

You could be thinking of buttercup.

I'd give Derby the £2.5 M to make sure they take Butterfield back.

Guest LittleG
4 hours ago, thekimmyowl said:

I'm with you on agreeing that Nuhiu should not be offered a new contract. He's had half a dozen good games and all off a sudden he's the second coming. He's now being seen in the same light as Semedo, not good enough if we want to move forward but good for his presence in the squad/dressing room.  He has done well recently but still not what we require if we want to move forward. Pudil, I would offer another year; Venancio I'm still undecided. At times he looks the part,  at other times he doesn't. 

The problem is I don’t believe either are good enough to mount a promotion challenge. Nothing more than fringe players in that respect. However finances will dictate and at a couple of mil it looks like relatively good value.

Just seems like keeping the likes of Nuhiu, Fred and Pudil A’s first team starters is a tad unambitious.

I don’t mind the decision, I understand the understand the decision, but I won’t be jumping for joy retaining these players. 

Would keep Venancio depending on the fee. If it's 2m odd, then sure. He's done well, looked a lot more assured now we're settled into the system and he has decent players around him. Not going to get better for the money these days.

Pudil, done well lately, but wouldn't be gutted if he left. Been a good servant, but he'll be 33 this year. If we do keep him, it can't be more than a 1 year rolling deal.

Nuhiu.. the enigma. Depends on what else we do in the striking dept. Saturday sort of summed up my problems with him. Every time the ball went near him he either tried the hardest possible thing, back heel flickons, or didn't use his body, instead hanging on the back of a defender and hoping they missed it (which they wont, because they're not rubbish). He did nothing, and just gave the ball away when he did get it. Was just incredibly frustrating to watch, and it never felt like he was dangerous to them. He's had a bit of good form lately.. and he could be a decent partner for some of the other players on our books (Rhodes or Hoops). But he's so inconsistent. My worry is that his scoring form of late is just an unusual purple patch for him, and he'll drift back into being an anonymous lump again with no explanation. So move him on i guess. Every pound is precious right now, so let's make sure we're using them as best we can.