keeping these two

Jos has expressed a desire to keep Fred after his loan spell expires next week- just need to agree a  fee

Also talks have been held with Dave to extend his contract

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/jos-luhukay-wants-this-in-form-sheffield-wednesday-player-to-stay-on-at-hillsborough-1-9140724

Would be happy with this

Like Fred, think he's decent. 

Was thrown in the deep end (having been frozen out by Carlos) and done a decent job. 

I'd like to see us offer Pudil a new deal too. He's a good centre back. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shetland Owl said:

Jos has expressed a desire to keep Fred after his loan spell expires next week- just need to agree a  fee

Also talks have been held with Dave to extend his contract

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/jos-luhukay-wants-this-in-form-sheffield-wednesday-player-to-stay-on-at-hillsborough-1-9140724

Would be happy with this

Good news on both counts. Fingers crossed both sign 

1 hour ago, SS Owl said:

Id keep Pudil but Fred is simply not good enough

Have you seen him play?! He's more than good enough, if we can  get him back for a couple of million it'll be a bargain. Good age and has already been a captain at his previous club. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Manor Owl said:

Shows how much I know but I thought that we had an option to buy Fred if we wanted. But that the fee had already been set last year at £2.5 million 

£2.5 million these days doesn't usually buy you a lot of footballing talent. If the lad is good enough then let's get him signed up. It's peanuts in todays transfer markets. Whatever we pick up from Hirst and Clare should cover that. Just.

And the 2.5 was in euros I think.

Edited by cognacbarnowl
Eh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like what i've seen of Venancio - much better defender that JVA (who looks miles off currently)

Definitely keep him if it can be done

I'd also want Pudil for at least another year - more for CB than LB these days though