Ross wallace

12 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Yeah he’s never done anything that makes sense, apart from the thing that you’re replying to that makes sense. 

Wait, are you saying that it doesn’t make sense to release the players early?

It does we should try to steal a march on other teams, the transfer window opens early this season because the close has been brought forward so we can buy and sell in June and have them ready for preseason training. Something that has not happened in all the time DC has been in charge.

I called for his signing when he was available on a free, and since we know DC buys based on owlstalk comments I take full credit! 

Been great value. Especially when you consider the collective spend on Matias, McGeady, Buckley, McManaman & Boyd - and we've got more out of Wallace than them lot put together. 

I'd rather move some of the deadweight on and keep Wallace personally. 

Saw that he’s leaving. 

I think it’s necessary particularly as we can’t afford to keep everyone and changes need making. He’s been great for us though, a big game player and someone who you’d want on your side but hate playing against them. 

I think his best game this season came at the Lane and if he wasn’t injured in the playoffs we’d have won that semi.

Best of luck to him, shame we don’t have the luxury to keep these kind of players and build at the same time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

Always felt he was very underrated by our fan base, especially during our play-off campaigns. Made some big contributions in massive games.

Priority number one in the summer?

We would have beaten Huddersfield if Wallace had not got injured .

And then who knows .

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

But I just hope that his replacement has that heart (and gob). That won't be afraid to get in a row with a bully from the opposition . Or tell the ref he thinks he's been conned.  

Pressure were going for a young replacement 

If it's a young replacement, he will ask for refs mobile number in the tunnel prior to kick off, in case he needs to vent his spleen via what's app or Snapchat over a contentious decision. Such is the way of communication in this world we now exist ...

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

He's put a very good shift in here over the 3 years. 2 crucial goals in the 15-16 playoffs, so he was a major factor of us getting to Wembley. 

We really missed him in the Huddersfield game last season. Always turned up for the big games and could really have made a difference had he not gone off. 

On 29/04/2018 at 19:31, swfc1983 said:

Top man just for nicking the managers note off the opposition in the Huddersfield game other year. Some cracking goals and cracking assists wish we could have signed him 5 years earlier. Not sure he will be offered a new deal here as we are moving onwards but definitely will offer another team lower championship a couple of great years. 

A memorable moment 

3 hours ago, Whatahoot said:

If Wallace has come out and said his goodbye, that must mean Jos has already spoken to all out of contract players, plus other been told no future with us ?

I wondered if that was why Wallace had his op when he did. Get it done then so he was fit for pre-season with a new team. Jos will have known for a while that anyone over 30 and out of contract was unlikely to be kept on.

He is a quality player and has been a great signing for us. A true measure of Ross was his performance at the Stain this season. The club was a mess, ravaged by injury, a new manager just arrived. He stepped up that night, got in faces, always moaning at the ref, solid tackles, deliberately winding up their fans. He knew what was at stake and  he was so impressive that night.

All the very best to you Ross. How very different it could have been if you hadn't pulled that hamstring 5 mins into that Huddersfield second leg.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Going to be a fair few departures this summer, given how bloated our wage bill has become, but Wallace is one I'll be sad to lose.

It's probably the right time for him to move on as he's not been at it this season, but he's been a good player for us who was particularly excellent in that first season when he came up with big goals in big games and scored an absolute worldie at Craven Cottage. That moment at Huddersfield when he nicked the paper off Kachunga also still makes me burst out laughing after about hundred viewings of the gif.

Thanks for everything Ross, best of luck at your next club which I'm sure will be a good one, as you've still got plenty more to give.