Ross wallace

4 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

Yep agreed on Boyd, he has huffed and puffed and scored a couple, but his contribution has not lived up to pre owls hype. Some injury issues, but I put him in the frustrating bracket really.

That double operation set him back a lot didn't it. 

Mind...Could be said it did him a favour as we embarked on that really negative spell.

Think it will be interesting where Boyd plays next season seeing as he's predominantly been a right sided midfielder/attacker in his career and he's ended up at left wing back. 

Lot of work to be done in the summer.

Just now, Suzuki_San said:

I'd have thought it had started to happen as soon as we were mathematicaly safe.  Makes sense, don't hang about, we need to know exactly what we need as soon as possible to fill the gaps.  

Yes I thought that would be the case too. But surely more than Wallace have been released, so why have those players/agents not come out and said so?

A great signing and a top pro. 

unfortunately it was his position that needed improving during last season as Carlos’ 442 struggled without a pacy and creative winger, and Reach cost £5m so it was the right side that needed changing. 

But that was never Ross’ fault. 

If I was him I would go back up to Scotland to a Rangers or Aberdeen and be one of the best players in the league

1 minute ago, Suzuki_San said:

I'd have thought it had started to happen as soon as we were mathematicaly safe.  Makes sense, don't hang about, we need to know exactly what we need as soon as possible to fill the gaps.  

But DC has never done anything that makes sense. Thats why the shirts were 3 months, late, player get signed for twice the price in the last days of transfer windows, player come in that we don't need on silly contract lengths and so on.

The less that DC has to do with the day to day running of the club going forward can only be a good thing, football decisions will be made and hopefully the team and club will move forward stronger. Lets see how long it takes for the new shirts to be available for the fans to buy this coming season and for how much - this one thing will tell everyone if a) he has planned properly this time and b) he is not just trying to milk the fans for silly prices.

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

That double operation set him back a lot didn't it. 

Mind...Could be said it did him a favour as we embarked on that really negative spell.

Think it will be interesting where Boyd plays next season seeing as he's predominantly been a right sided midfielder/attacker in his career and he's ended up at left wing back. 

Lot of work to be done in the summer.

It may well be that he is as frustrated with his form as most of us are. Lets hope he has a better season next year, needs to for sure.

He's been a great signing, contribution has diminished slightly over the last season or so as his age and injuries have taken their toll, but he always played for the shirt and produced some moments of genuine quality. 

Best of luck to him in the next phase of his career. 

Think this tells us we may well be going with 3 at the back and wingbacks next season as wallace would have been a player i may have expected to stay had Jos had any intention of playing any sort of 4-4-2 formation.

10 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

Yes I thought that would be the case too. But surely more than Wallace have been released, so why have those players/agents not come out and said so?

Wallace is injured so in effect his season is already over. By letting him know that he is being released as early as possible gives him longer to find a new club though his contract does not expire until the end of June.

13 minutes ago, room0035 said:

But DC has never done anything that makes sense. Thats why the shirts were 3 months, late, player get signed for twice the price in the last days of transfer windows, player come in that we don't need on silly contract lengths and so on.

The less that DC has to do with the day to day running of the club going forward can only be a good thing, football decisions will be made and hopefully the team and club will move forward stronger. Lets see how long it takes for the new shirts to be available for the fans to buy this coming season and for how much - this one thing will tell everyone if a) he has planned properly this time and b) he is not just trying to milk the fans for silly prices.

Yeah he’s never done anything that makes sense, apart from the thing that you’re replying to that makes sense. 

Wait, are you saying that it doesn’t make sense to release the players early?

Edited by Sonny

Didn’t realise he has just been released. Quality footballer, full of character and always up for the big games. You could always rely on Ross to deliver.

It’s probably the right decision, we need to get the average age of the squad down and we also have Boyd who can play a similar role. 

However, he will be missed - a proper character which you see less in football nowadays.

I wish him well in his future career - I think Wigan and Blackburn will take a look. He lives that way and he can still cut in the championship.