Ross wallace

wallace was one of them players where you'd always expect his form to drop & wouldn't get in the team but he really didn't, was really consistent, a great signing who has given us a great 2 seasons, scored some big goals!

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

Could watch him steal that note all day. 

Also enjoyed when we were celebrating a goal and he went over and pretended it had been given offside.

Cheekiest little Scotsman to play for us, too funny.

Opponents hated him, which is always a good sign.

• Like 1

If Ross leaves , good luck to him wherever he ends up , always gave 100% , some fantastic performances and superb goals , the one at craven cottage is up there with the best goals in recent times .

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I think he will be released but like I’ve said on a previous post, I think he’s a very good player. I think most fans want someone fast on the wing to stretch teams, me included, but overall Ross is a technically good footballer.

If I was the manager, I’d be looking at the age of the squad and I would be looking to reduce it and as a consequence I’d release him. Moreover, we’ve already got another aging winger on our books in George Boyd. Why have another? If I had a choice of releasing one of those 2, it would be George Boyd without a doubt. Unfortunately, Wallace being out of contract forces our hand to release.

He will remain in the championship though. 

Me too. I have actually been shocked at how bad Boyd is if i'm honest. When we signed him i thought it was a decent bit of business for someone who had just made 30 premier league appearances. I cannot believe how slow he is. It's like he is running in slow motion at times and opposing players just push the ball to the side and sail past him. His legs have completely gone and no way can he be entertained in a wide position for me where pace and stamina are required. 

I'm guessing he is on big wages too, anyone know how long he has left on his contact?

Absolutley smashing signing for us. Really helped to create that positive buzz in Year One. 

Sadly a victim of our more cautious and negative approach after that. But still worked his balls off. 

Many great memories. 

Not least him sticking it to pigs when we went to the stain this season when they were expecting to do the double. Showed some niggle and much needed nastiness in our tattered team.

Quantum Of Wallace.png

All the best Ross Wallace. 

Pound for pound one of our best signings in the last decade.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox

Good player. Proper footballer. Served us well. Right time to part ways. All the best, Ross. 

Character.

That's another thing. 

You need players with character. 

Players who'll stick up for themselves on the park.

Ross was a character. 

It might be time for him to move on for another challenge. But I just hope that his replacement has that heart (and gob). That won't be afraid to get in a row with a bully from the opposition . Or tell the ref he thinks he's been conned.  

Pressure were going for a young replacement. 

Hope they have the head and the balls as well as the technique. 

Vital in my eyes. We need characters in this team.

• Like 1

Class player! he played a massive part in getting us to Wembley and scored some of the best goals I’ve seen Wednesday score. Wish we signed him a couple of seasons earlier, he will be missed 

Good free agent signing did show at the time you can pick up good free agents if you sign them in the preseason. Something we have done very badly since and missed out on a lot of decent players who would have improved us and not cost a fortune.

For me the goal against Arsenal in the cup was one of this best, in the context of the team it was against and we were just starting to getting going at that point that ended up with going all the way (nearly) to the promised land.

I can see him popping up at Sunderland next season in League one he will be a very good signing for them.

Just now, Whatahoot said:

If Wallace has come out and said his goodbye, that must mean Jos has already spoken to all out of contract players, plus other been told no future with us ?

I heard yesterday they had already started talking to Nuihu's people about a new deal. 

It does mean though we now need some new blood for the right wing as Boyd has not quite matched up to billing but maybe a proper preseason and he may come back a different player.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I heard yesterday they had already started talking to Nuihu's people about a new deal. 

It does mean though we now need some new blood for the right wing as Boyd has not quite matched up to billing but maybe a proper preseason and he may come back a different player.

Yep agreed on Boyd, he has huffed and puffed and scored a couple, but his contribution has not lived up to pre owls hype. Some injury issues, but I put him in the frustrating bracket really.

7 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

If Wallace has come out and said his goodbye, that must mean Jos has already spoken to all out of contract players, plus other been told no future with us ?

I'd have thought it had started to happen as soon as we were mathematicaly safe.  Makes sense, don't hang about, we need to know exactly what we need as soon as possible to fill the gaps.