Ross wallace

1 hour ago, Mrmason69 said:

His contracts up at the end of the season. Dump him. 

He had a good season when we got to Wembley but he's been generally hopeless since. He can't cross a ball, take corners or free kicks. Why then do our managers allow him to do so? 

Get rid of all four of the has beens.

Loovens, Pudl, Nuihu (a never was or will be) and Wallace. 

giphy-2.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

Am I the only one who thinks we should sign him up again. If he goes he’s got to be replaced. In my opinion he’s a valuable player that still has energy and skill to offer

A lot depends on how he looks when back to fitness. Difficult decision to make without that.

Maybe a rolling short term deal until if is clear what he can contribute would be the way to go.

1 hour ago, BingleyOwl said:

Am I the only one who thinks we should sign him up again. If he goes he’s got to be replaced. In my opinion he’s a valuable player that still has energy and skill to offer

No chance, his time is up.

We need all the money we can get to improve the team.

He wasn't great last season but scored some vital goals and when he played this season he was pretty dire most of the time.

I think he will be released but like I’ve said on a previous post, I think he’s a very good player. I think most fans want someone fast on the wing to stretch teams, me included, but overall Ross is a technically good footballer.

If I was the manager, I’d be looking at the age of the squad and I would be looking to reduce it and as a consequence I’d release him. Moreover, we’ve already got another aging winger on our books in George Boyd. Why have another? If I had a choice of releasing one of those 2, it would be George Boyd without a doubt. Unfortunately, Wallace being out of contract forces our hand to release.

He will remain in the championship though. 

Scored a few worldies but went missing in our biggest game at Wembley as did rest of midfield tbf

He was however up against Robertson who is now a game away from Champ League final so kind of puts in perspective.

Anyway good contributor, seems a top lad and bet he contributed to changing room/ team spirit.   He was also genuinely devastated when he had to come off vs Hudds in PO semi and was capable of hitting a winner from nowhere like he did vs them in league game so who knows what might have happened?  Am sure he would have bagged his peno too.  

Well done Ross thanks for the mammories.

Wallace was an unsung hero in the first season, criminally underrated. 

Last season he was the the epitome of us, a predictable team that lacked pace that played without flair or any real verve or purpose.

This season he was poor and I was happy to put it down to him just running out of steam, until his goal against Middlesboro where he gave the big 'un to the fans in his celebration after putting us 1-0 up, after months of terrible performances. We then wilted like a dead dandelion, deservedly lost the game and Carlos was out on his ear and our chairman was posting drunken midnight nonsense on the website. 

If we sign him for another year it'll be a step in the wrong direction, the game at the lane aside he has been below par.

Edited by Owls2k

good player but I don't see him getting another deal .jos doesn't play wingers and I don't see ross as a wing back .I doubt he'd get a contract as a back up in the central midfield role that he sometime played last season . 

17 hours ago, BingleyOwl said:

No where near what’s required if I was a supporter of any championship club I’d be annoyed if he was signed . Could do another year in the league below or Scotland but even Wednesday aren’t daft enough to extend his stay 

Put it this way I’d happily see Loovens sign for Sheffield United at the end of his contract but not Ross Wallace. 

That said I think we need to have greater ambitions than giving him another year or two, free the wages and get some new blood in to freshen up the team. 

Thanks for everything you’ve both given us during your time here though, that goes without saying.

19 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I think he will be released but like I’ve said on a previous post, I think he’s a very good player. I think most fans want someone fast on the wing to stretch teams, me included, but overall Ross is a technically good footballer.

If I was the manager, I’d be looking at the age of the squad and I would be looking to reduce it and as a consequence I’d release him. Moreover, we’ve already got another aging winger on our books in George Boyd. Why have another? If I had a choice of releasing one of those 2, it would be George Boyd without a doubt. Unfortunately, Wallace being out of contract forces our hand to release.

He will remain in the championship though. 

Fat boy Steve Evans loves out of contract wednesday players!!