Sign in to follow this  
Lichfield alien

Ross wallace

From those first two good Carlos years, he was usually at the heart of some of our finest moments. Great player for us.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

Just now, Jamie_W said:

From those first two good Carlos years, he was usually at the heart of some of our finest moments. Great player for us.

Correctamondo..big game player with big goals...compare him with the wasters on probably double his wages..we have had good value outa him

• Agree 4

Probably one of the most underrated players of the last few years. Ross is technically a very good footballer. He always turned up in the big games and has scored some absolute worldies. 

He will be released and I expect he will get another contract at a Championship club as long as he can prove his fitness. I think Wigan or Blackburn may take a punt on him.

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

Top man just for nicking the managers note off the opposition in the Huddersfield game other year. Some cracking goals and cracking assists wish we could have signed him 5 years earlier. Not sure he will be offered a new deal here as we are moving onwards but definitely will offer another team lower championship a couple of great years. 

Edited by swfc1983
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 6

Just now, Costello 77 said:

Loosens should be cut some slack.

Spellchecker innit

FFS

• Haha 1

Another excellent freebie.  

One of the bright sparks of year one and got us out of jail with long rangers many times.

Sad to see him getting a bit of flak this year and falling off in form (though still trying to make things happen)

The biggest victim of our change in mentality from CC year one to CC year two...a winger who doesn't get to play as a winger.

18620354_10155717326206111_2651073419878952716_n.jpg.be1bdb067200cef7b770fac023c7747e.jpg

Never did get to see him have a run on the left flank and don't suppose I ever will now!

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Agree 2

I actually agree with the view he was inconsistent. Nonetheless deserves a good send off for the Brighton play off games alone. 

• Agree 3

Good servant..........needs to go now whilst the memories remain good................past his best before date this season.

• Agree 2

Provided value for money and was always up for the game. Like Loovens can hold his head up high for the time spent at the Owls.

• Agree 1

Brilliant first season when he was allowed to play his natural wide attacking game.

Not as good in his second season partly due to CC asking him to play narrower & track back more & partly due to him losing pace though he still came up with a few important goals & assists.

This season he's been gash & looked disinterested most of the time.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

Spellchecker innit

FFS

Whooooosh lol

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Whooooosh lol

I got it you melt..loose cut him sum slack etc...I've never been whooosed in 10 years lol

I criticised him this season because I thought he had some poor performances but overall he has been a very good free signing. Used his experience  very well 

Strange one really. Was a Carlos favourite so always got selected and asked to do different jobs. 

Some I thought he struggled to do.

And of course picking him for the Huddersfield game where he lasted 5 mins summed up Carlos’s tenure really.

Edited by oldishowl

25 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Nonetheless deserves a good send off for the Brighton play off games alone. 

'F OFF MATE!!'

:manager:

Edited by Jamie_W

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Wallace off somewhere then is he.

Well he's out of contract so yeah I reckon he his

29 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

I got it you melt..loose cut him sum slack etc...I've never been whooosed in 10 years lol

Joined 5 months ago. :duntmatter: