A season that could have been.

We all would have liked a successful season, but let's just all take a moment to laugh at the other third of the city.  Just a few weeks ago they were gloating about how they would definitely secure top-two.  I remember asking on here if someone could set up a thread with records of some of the more outlandish claims they were making on Football Heaven so we could read them back and laugh when the wheels fell off.  Did anyone do that?

As for us...  live and learn.  Bad season on the pitch but I'm hoping that we've learned and grown as a club and that next season we come back stronger.

1 hour ago, stevewhiterose said:

Very frustrating when you look at the sides potentially going up. Cardiff FFS. 

IMO, one of the worst 2nd place teams ever in the championship. If we had our full squad available all season we are better than them, nuff said really. 

Very frustrating when you look at the sides potentially going up. Cardiff FFS. 

True. 

Just shows the value of having a gaffer who gets the best out of the tools at his disposal really. 

Hopefully Jos can be that man for us next season.

We could have had fit players that didn’t all get injured at the same time for what seams like half a season. Really glad this season is coming to an end it’s been pretty depressing at times. 

It it all went wrong for me when they changed the pies. Horrible dry things that just didn’t want to be there. Bring back the Pukka!

:duntmatter::tango:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Todays result shows how close we could have been. Look forward to a full squad and more look next year.

From the first whistle it was clear it was never going to be a season of what could have been, had Carlos had gone after the Huddersfield game then maybe, sadly it will be remembered as a season to write off and a complete waste of time and money.

Heres looking forward to next season, hoping for bigger and much better things.

• Like 1

Warnock has done an incredible job tbf - I wouldn't say there are that good but he gets every last ounce from them - fair play

But the other teams in the play offs are pretty decent - its still a big ask to get into that company

Jos needs to take the next step from making us awkward to play against and turning us into a team that wins when it matters - against the best too

This season has been a free hit really after the horrendous mess that CC somehow manufactured 

Very frustrating when you look at the sides potentially going up. Cardiff FFS

Instinctively I agreee, but they've got pace and power and a bit of skill and gamesmanship mixed in. Exactly what you need in this division really.

No surprise they and Colin are matched up.

Edited by Mr. Tom

Play offs look quite strong with potentially Fulham, boro, villa and Derby... but then there’s teams like f00king Preston and millwall chasing for 6th. 

Maybe this season has been a bit of a blessing in disguise. Looking forward to next season, it’s going to be an exciting one I can feel it. 

1 hour ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

We all would have liked a successful season, but let's just all take a moment to laugh at the other third of the city.  Just a few weeks ago they were gloating about how they would definitely secure top-two.  I remember asking on here if someone could set up a thread with records of some of the more outlandish claims they were making on Football Heaven so we could read them back and laugh when the wheels fell off.  Did anyone do that?

As for us...  live and learn.  Bad season on the pitch but I'm hoping that we've learned and grown as a club and that next season we come back stronger.

Ha ha - I agree. Met an oinker today for a coffee. He went down to Brum and was fuming at their capitulation.  I said at least you were there when Wilder's dream died. lol

Can honestly say I think they will be in the relegation mix and Wilder gone by October next season.  Wheels have fallen off-PMSL! 

• Haha 2