Jos Luhukay vs Carlos Carvalhal

1 minute ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Carlos was the best manager we ever had, we were just having horrendous luck with injuries which cost us in the end. Unfortunately the kneejerkers couldn’t see past their own conk and pressured Mr C into letting him go. Surprise surprise now that his players are coming back we are bossing games again.

Still can’t watch MOTD because it hurts to see all the jeb ends who wanted him gone forced him onto Swansea who are reaping the rewards of our loss.

Give it a rest - he’s gone, he was sending us down, he barely got a team fit.

And had millions of pounds to play with and couldn’t get us over the line. 

Just now, TodwickOwl said:

We would never have gone down under King Carlos, never. He will return though I know it. He has unfinished business with us.

• Haha 3

Not sure on Jos yet as it’s been hard to judge clearly.

I didn’t mind CC staying on the basis of what he said the day stayed. That we would learn and address weaknesses with 5 signings and we did neither.  From the derby onwards it was clear we had made a mistake but we took too long to change it.

Itll be a big ask next season for whoever is here

14 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Carlos was the best manager we ever had, we were just having horrendous luck with injuries which cost us in the end. Unfortunately the kneejerkers couldn’t see past their own conk and pressured Mr C into letting him go. Surprise surprise now that his players are coming back we are bossing games again.

Still can’t watch MOTD because it hurts to see all the jeb ends who wanted him gone forced him onto Swansea who are reaping the rewards of our loss.

His approach to management, and the pressure to deliver, has caused many of these injuries.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Carlos Carvalhal Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.jpg

#SWFC made the change to take Carlos Carvalhal out of the equation and replaced him with Jos Luhukay.

This isn't going to go into anything other than to ask the simple question..

Given everything that has happened since Carlos left the club was Mr Chansiri correct to make the change?

Absolutely, in Jos we have a professional manager who knows whats needed.

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

Pelupessy, although anonymous today, has been consistently solid. For £400k, you can't ask for much more. That, coupled with how well we've played with largely our second string, coupled with how good the likes Bannan and Forestieri have been on their return, and how good Joao and Nuhiu have largely looked, tells me he's very good at the getting the best out of players and he's good at using resources wisely. 

Carlos had many pros, but one of his many cons was that he often struggled to do much of the above consistently... and certainly by the end he could barely do it at all cause everyone at the club had lost it mentally and physically. 

Jos is the man 

Carlos - plenty of cons...

31 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

34 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Mr Chansiri doesn't seem the type to bow to pressure.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

In my lifetime Jack Charlton, Howard Wilkimsin and Ron Atkinson achieved more with less resources.

And it was better to watch. 

CC never took any responsibility for his mistakes, is this down to ignorance or arrogance. Who cares, he's gone, good riddance.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Reaping the rewards?

Have you seen the premier league table.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

No Red from mate as it's obviously a wind up but certainly got attention.

Should have gone after Huddersfield game, how you can turn up for a game of that magnitude and not compete beggers belief.

Is Jos the right man, don't know, only time will tell but if not let's hope DC has learned a lesson.

It should have been made last Summer. The cracks were already starting to appear last season to anyone who watched enough games. Hopefully Jos gets the chance to make the a few changes in the Summer and a full pre season will mean his stamp will have been made on the squad.

40 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Reaping the rewards of being 1 point above relegation? Carlos has hardly worked wonders there and even if they somehow stay up I can't see him lasting another season.

Whereas our Jos'll get us all the way to the champions league.

2021. Adthe Nuhiu header in the last minute of the CL final against Real Madrid. Nailed on.

:luhukay:

49 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

You sound like a jilted lover. He was one of the best managers we’ve had, but he is an impact manager and he ran out of steam around the same time he ran his core 11 into the ground. Westwood; Loovens, Bannan, Hutchinson,Lee, Lees and Forestieri all played through injury for periods in the last two seasons and it caught up eventually.

His methods did nearly get us up to be fair to him, but this season was a step too far. Lo and behold he is having a short term impact at Swansea as he has throughout his career.

You all just don’t understand. I loved him once. When he came in with his swashbuckling attitude and his Mourinho like voice I was immediately entranced. When he talked about the players I listened, when he told us about the opposites I was enthralled. When we were on Sky I stayed up past

midnight just so I could listen to all  of the interview he would give, he just had it all and everything he said made sense. I even bought a coat to be like him and would sneak out every Sunday morning to point and gyrate at the pigeons on the grass pretending I was ordering around a squad of players like the messiah himself. He was everything a foreign manager should be. Sexy, articulate with a cheeky smile to boot. My wife left me because during climax in bed I would often accidentally call out the name Carlos instead of Claire. She said I did it on purpose, I like to think it’s just cos the names were so similar. 

Then this season things started to go down hill, players got injured again and again and people started to question our Lord. I couldn’t believe it, no this man was a genius, he masterminded is to a 3-0 victory over Arsenal once. But results dipped and the people no longer listened to his 5 hour interviews. His love dwindled too. No longer would he seduce us with sexy sultry words about the beautiful game, instead he’d tell us about what he’s having for dinner or scrumple up £20 notes in front of the press. Then the divorce hit. Carlos...uh sorry I mean Claire left me months before and even that didn’t feel as bad as this divorce from our club. I’ll always hold a candle to our Carlos, the King who never got to see himself crowned. I’ll miss you my sexy llama man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8