Jos Luhukay vs Carlos Carvalhal

3 minutes ago, HubristicClapper said:

Hindsight and all that.

I'd agree with that assessment if everything that has come out since was known as a problem by Chansiri and his team back then.   In fact, do they even acknowledge any issues Carlos caused now?   I would love that question to be put in any future fans forum.

Not hindsight when I was saying it at the time!

There was a poll on here after the defeat to Huddersfield backing Carlos for another season.  I think the results in favour of Carlos staying was around 63% (correct me if I'm wrong).

Then once the season started or to be more precise, once we lost to Rangers in the pre season, it was Carlos out, time and again.  

36 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Carlos Carvalhal Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.jpg

#SWFC made the change to take Carlos Carvalhal out of the equation and replaced him with Jos Luhukay.

This isn't going to go into anything other than to ask the simple question..

Given everything that has happened since Carlos left the club was Mr Chansiri correct to make the change?

The name of the game was survival. So the answer is a firm yes. The next chapter will be the key to an appraisal of Jos. 

I wanted Carlos to take us up - the first season’s football was sexual.

But how do you reside over the mess of a fitness problem he left this season as a professional manager?  

Think Jos has done a really good job to say a big chunk of his time here he had a second string to work with, of which only Pelupessy was his signing. Got a good feeling about him - but I also had a good feeling about Jay Bothroyd so ya know, not the best gauge.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
13 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

For the record.

Jos, what a guy...

Always have faith in your gaffer, let them do it their way.

No doubt the usual suspects will have the knives ready though.

Yes they will. They've gone underground for the moment but they'll be back if we don't get off to a flyer next season.

Personally I'm delighted he's in charge. Not remotely concerned with comparisons with Carlos. He's gone.

1 minute ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Yes they will. They've gone underground for the moment but they'll be back if we don't get off to a flyer next season.

Personally I'm delighted he's in charge. Not remotely concerned with comparisons with Carlos. He's gone.

Agreed.  Carlos is history now.  

Time to focus on where we are at now with Jos the boss at the helm.  

Jos has my full backing.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

But how do you reside over the mess of a fitness problem he left this season as a professional manager?  

For me this has to leave a serious stain on his reputation. A professional manager that didn’t train his team to the required fitness levels required for a championship season. Absolute basics of football. 

:carlos:

Edited by Sticky belly

54 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Carlos Carvalhal Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.jpg

#SWFC made the change to take Carlos Carvalhal out of the equation and replaced him with Jos Luhukay.

This isn't going to go into anything other than to ask the simple question..

Given everything that has happened since Carlos left the club was Mr Chansiri correct to make the change?

Absolutely. Jos has had limited resources to work with, has not been afraid to introduce youth, players have played better under him and he has a better points per game ratio than Carvalhal who had the luxury of a pre-season with a full squad of players. Carvalhal seriously underperformed with the resources at his disposal and we are better off without him.

39 minutes ago, scram said:

Not hindsight when I was saying it at the time!

What exactly where you saying then?

edit:   And I mean that genuinely.   I spend fits and starts on this forum.

Edited by HubristicClapper

Massive upgrade on what we had previously. Has revitalised players that other coaches could not reach. It will depend on what funds/support he gets to revamp squad which will determine how well we do next year. If only given minimal funds i suspect he would get us promoyed in 2 to 3 years as it will take a while to move on some of players we have.

Carlos was the best manager we ever had, we were just having horrendous luck with injuries which cost us in the end. Unfortunately the kneejerkers couldn’t see past their own conk and pressured Mr C into letting him go. Surprise surprise now that his players are coming back we are bossing games again.

Still can’t watch MOTD because it hurts to see all the jeb ends who wanted him gone forced him onto Swansea who are reaping the rewards of our loss.

• Haha 2