Jos Luhukay vs Carlos Carvalhal

Carlos Carvalhal Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.jpg

#SWFC made the change to take Carlos Carvalhal out of the equation and replaced him with Jos Luhukay.

This isn't going to go into anything other than to ask the simple question..

Given everything that has happened since Carlos left the club was Mr Chansiri correct to make the change?

Owlstalk Shop

Resounding YES.

It says everything that Carlos has a track record as a one/two season wonder.

Hope Jos can get us some pace and a little more service to our strikers, and I don't think we are too far short.

Pelupessy, although anonymous today, has been consistently solid. For £400k, you can't ask for much more. That, coupled with how well we've played with largely our second string, coupled with how good the likes Bannan and Forestieri have been on their return, and how good Joao and Nuhiu have largely looked, tells me he's very good at the getting the best out of players and he's good at using resources wisely. 

Carlos had many pros, but one of his many cons was that he often struggled to do much of the above consistently... and certainly by the end he could barely do it at all cause everyone at the club had lost it mentally and physically. 

Jos is the man 

• Like 1

Time will tell if he proves to be a better manager for us. Next season he still has the spine of a good squad to work with, one that Carlos got into the top 6 twice, but he needs to trim the waste off the edges and make us a better squad.

The change was certainly needed and probably came too late. I haven't been convinced by all Jos's decisions but he has certainly done a good job overall and deserves a chance to kick on with a full squad next season.

Carlos was brilliant that first season, good to very good the second season (based on league position), his last season was a disaster, he'd lost the plot.

Jos has done well since he came, all things considered. He deserves next season to show what he can do. We shouldn't set expectations too high as I think it will be a year of transition until we can get rid of the dead wood at the end of next year. I'll be happy if we can show some progress over this year, a top half finish would be my minimum, flirting with a top six finish would be an excellent result.

Carlos knew that he wouldn't finish the season with us so his preparation was poor starting with the pre season beach party. One thing I don't miss is his constant tinkering with the side through squad rotation. Jos has managed to get players like Nuhiu and Joao to play and made us think that Rhodes might do something with him as manager. Think Carlos has been found out already by the Premiership and he's reverted to his sitting back default setting.

Crass thread.

Wish Wednesday fans would leave CC in the past and remember him in the same way we should remember Francis, Laws and Jones.

They all came to a sticky ending after giving us something in return.

Obsessed, bitter and small time.

Welcome to Wednesday.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, scram said:

CC should have gone after the Huddersfield game at Hillsborough

Way too early to say if JL can kick us on - I think we'll be solid and difficult to beat but that is unlikely to be enough - can he take that next step

Hindsight and all that.

I'd agree with that assessment if everything that has come out since was known as a problem by Chansiri and his team back then.   In fact, do they even acknowledge any issues Carlos caused now?   I would love that question to be put in any future fans forum.