Cameron Dawson

His kicking with both feet impressed me, accurate. There was a Wednesday player underneath almost every one of his kicks whether first time, under pressure with wrong foot. 

Just a shame the lumps underneath the dropping ball couldn't win / control it. 

Not a good day for Nuhiu and Joao but Dawson looked like the real deal. 

As others have said more presence than Wildsmith. I quite like having a nutty ginge in net! 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Flapped at one cross but was otherwise superb. Also good with his feet.  Whenever the ball is at Wildsmith’s feet I poo myself.  Not as good as Westwood yet but a better option than Wildsmith.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
6 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Must admit of the two I think Cammys the better allround keeper and I just feel more confident with him,nowt against JW,he needs to work on one or two things,and he will hes gained valuable experience this term,needs to look at his mistakes from this term and eradicate them.

Great to have two young keepers as good these,and young Thorniley,whose had a stormer today,kid played his nuts off against the league champs on their turf,bodes very well for next term.

Just on Thorniley for a minute.  Defensively he is good and strong in the tackle.  Unfortunately he lacks pace and poos himself when someone passes the ball to him. Not a left wing back at all!!

14 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

If we can any sort of fee for part time Westwood lets grab it and get his hefty wages off the books.

Completely agree and expect a transfer would work for all parties.  There will be times when our young keepers might not look as secure as Westwood, but they now look like our present and future so take the money and reinvest where needed (left back is a priority for me).

14 hours ago, HubristicClapper said:

Forget who is best.   Neither will be good enough without the correct application.   Something that a young Pressman didn't have.  

They can push each other and become good Championship keepers or above, maybe 2 or 3 years from now one may have to move on for the good of their career but for now let's have a rotation approach where it's the current in the shirt to lose it as from the start of next season, and the other chomping at the bit for his chance.

Sounds like a cunning plan that.

Competition for places, it could catch on!

Both Dawson and Wildsmith should be playing regular football next season

Their time has come and they need to prove the can perform consistently at a high level 

Assuming we don't have the luxury of restraining Westwood then - based on what I've seen so far - I'd start with Dawson as number 1 and send Wildsmith to a good league 1 club for 6 months.

On 4/28/2018 at 19:19, Treborowl said:

I think it's one area we've always been blessed; in my time 2 x Springetts, Grummitt, Hodge, Bolder, Pressman, Srnicek, Westwood, Woods, Turner, Lucas etc.

Don't really remember any bad keepers...

Ola Tidman.:ghoulguy:WTF:

• Thanks 1