Cameron Dawson

6 minutes ago, Treborowl said:

Don't really remember any bad keepers...

Tidman ?

The one with face that looked like he'd been smacked with a banjo ? (I forget his name)

The one we had on loan from Middlesbrough ?

We've had some right shiite.

lol

Westwood, Wildsmith and Dawson.  3 brilliant goalkeepers. 

Personally, i think it's imperative we keep all three imo.  Just because our 2nd and 3rd choice have done a fine job for us, absolutely no doubt in that.  

I think, moving forward Westwood's experience could be invaluable to both Wildsmith and Dawson who still have some learning to do as they gain experience.  

A special mention to Andy Rhodes also, who I believe has been instrumental in getting us to where we are today with three top keepers who can hold their own when called upon.  

The way I see it, lets build on these foundations.  

20 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Tidman ?

The one with face that looked like he'd been smacked with a banjo ? (I forget his name)

lol

brad jones. He was useless lol

That's a decent list, you're right we've had some very good goalkeepers. I'd add Lee Grant & Scott Carson, both quality. 

I feel guilty about reminding you of Chris Adamson, Brad Jones & Ola Tidman. Jones was terrible, I remember at the time people were saying that Liverpool coached their keepers to punch rather than catch. Could have been that, could have been that he just couldn't catch... The list of quality keepers outweighs them though. 

The one I really felt for was Chris Stringer, looked a very good keeper and a character, genuine shame he had to retire. 

Edit: Not sure why it didn't quote Treborowl's post, or wont let me edit my own post... Maybe it was Middlesborough who coached their keepers to punch, Jones went on to play for Liverpool bizarrely. 

Bradford City signed him a couple of seasons ago, a season ticket holding mate told me he was the worst keeper he's seen. I had tried to warn him.

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We have some solid keepers. In past 15 years we've had:

Westwood

Wildsmith

Dawson

Kirkland

Weaver (twice!)

Bywater

Crossley

Lucas

Carson

Grant

Pressman

Some half-decent ones too like Turner, Price and Martinez. 

We've also had a few terrible ones too mind.

Price???

:tango:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Treborowl said:

I think it's one area we've always been blessed; in my time 2 x Springetts, Grummitt, Hodge, Bolder, Pressman, Srnicek, Westwood, Woods, Turner, Lucas etc.

Don't really remember any bad keepers...

Brad Jones, Chris Adamson :picnic:

Edited by Johnny12Inch

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Tidman ?

lol

Brad Jones and Chris Adamson, both gash from an age when we didn't have a pot to wee in.

For me, he'd be our starting keeper and I have an inkling that we'll see plenty of him and Wildsmith next season. I think you can tell that Jos rates "Cammy" highly. We have three keepers capable of playing in the starting 11, given our circumstances, something will give.  

Edited by Morepork

Must admit of the two I think Cammys the better allround keeper and I just feel more confident with him,nowt against JW,he needs to work on one or two things,and he will hes gained valuable experience this term,needs to look at his mistakes from this term and eradicate them.

Great to have two young keepers as good these,and young Thorniley,whose had a stormer today,kid played his nuts off against the league champs on their turf,bodes very well for next term.

Edited by legendaryswan