Cameron Dawson

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Our best keeper in my eyes.

Honestly he's really good. Better than Wildsmith and has age on his side unlike Westwood. 

I like n trust Wildsmith but he presence is the best...you need a keeper to command from the back and he’s not quite there IMO

Watched it on i-follow. He was absolutely excellent, never put a foot or a hand wrong. Some top class saves and commanded his area impressively.Great prospect and we are very well served in the keeping department.

Nice to see Dawson get his chance like Wildsmith has. Both great shot stoppers but modern goalkeeping is about much more than that. Think Dawson just edges it for me on his presence and command.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the Summer but we are pretty well off in this area so whatever happens will benefit us financially with the loss of either Westwood for good money or Wildsmith on potential.

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Good to see Cameron getting Championship experience today but even better to see a clean sheet against the Champions of this division too

I really rate him as a keeper. He's always looks strong, tough and great at shotstopping

We are blessed in the goal keeping department. One area we dont have to worry about for years to come. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, welsOwl74 said:

more worried about losing Andy Rhodes than westwood tbh,one the best coaches in the country 

Was thinking of making a thread about this. 

Wherever you stand on the selling of Westwood, what can't be denied is that he's been one of the best keepers in the Championship for us... Andy Rhodes has got him playing in the form of his life. He kept Kirkland sharp. He's helped bring on two fantastic keepers in Dawson and Wildsmith. He must be really well respected in goalkeeping coaching circles... an absolute must that we keep him! 

Forget who is best.   Neither will be good enough without the correct application.   Something that a young Pressman didn't have.  

They can push each other and become good Championship keepers or above, maybe 2 or 3 years from now one may have to move on for the good of their career but for now let's have a rotation approach where it's the current in the shirt to lose it as from the start of next season, and the other chomping at the bit for his chance.

1 hour ago, HubristicClapper said:

Forget who is best.   Neither will be good enough without the correct application.   Something that a young Pressman didn't have.  

What a load of absolute sheite.....Pressman was top class for us

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

We are blessed in the goal keeping department. One area we dont have to worry about for years to come. 

I think it's one area we've always been blessed; in my time 2 x Springetts, Grummitt, Hodge, Bolder, Pressman, Srnicek, Westwood, Woods, Turner, Lucas etc.

Don't really remember any bad keepers...

• Like 1