What signed #SWFC stuff do you own?

I had a Wednesday book which my ex sent off to Hillsborough and had it signed by the whole '71/'72 squad. A fabulous 50th birthday present. A few years later after she'd divorced me it hurt me so much to look at the book that I sold it on ebay. Neg away lads, but the bad vibes and memories it brought back were too much for me.

FFS

5 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

I had a Wednesday book which my ex sent off to Hillsborough and had it signed by the whole '71/'72 squad. A fabulous 50th birthday present. A few years later after she'd divorced me it hurt me so much to look at the book that I sold it on ebay. Neg away lads, but the bad vibes and memories it brought back were too much for me.

FFS

No negs there for you pal.

I imagine to look at it provoked so many memories, some that you didn't want to be reminded of.

Better then that someone else enjoyed owning the book eh.

• Thanks 1

On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 00:32, ReginaldD said:

I particularly like bits like this that probably aren't really valuable but very unique and I'm sure holds some great memories for you. 

The memory of seeing Kevin Pressman laid out on a treatment table in the lobby will stay with me forever  WTF:

Oh, and a few of the players who shall remain nameless as they were already married taking 'ladies' up to their rooms and being chased by hotel staff   lol 

• Haha 1

I used to have a 2005/6 away shirt signed by the squad for the Watford away game. Included Gabby Agbonlahor when he was on loan. 

Gave it away for a auction raising funds for Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice. Think it made £ 60.00 for a good cause.

four of us missed the train back from a Blackpool night match so set off walking(as you do if you are a kid lol  ) Team coach  stopped and we were given a lift back to Hillsborough,wherein one of the directors gave us a lift in his rolls and dropped us off door by door at our homes  Played cards all the way to the ground With Rodger Wild And Tommy Tynan Oh and we won  the game two nil if I remember correctly

Edited by trevdi9
  • Like 2

I have 400+ autographs from days gone by, players that have played for us going back as far as the 20s/30s, most are signed pics/photos/.

I have all but one of the 1935 cup winners just missing Jack Palethorpe.

• Thanks 1

I've never been into Autograph's or memorabilia really.

The only thing I own is a scrap of paper with Ian Knight's signature on it, my mum used to work in the Halamshire Hospital at the time he had his leg broken in umpteen places.

I actually told her off (mildly scolded maybe, I am still scared of my parents!)  because I thought he was probably at a very low point and I didn't think he'd want to be signing things for fans.   Maybe thinking back I was wrong and it might have taken his mind of things for a few seconds.....

18 hours ago, Concrete Owl said:

Dug this out. (Knew I had it somewhere) Think the guy was a shareholder & matchball sponsor. 

Love the old letterhead & of course Dooley’s moniker. 

558896D7-88FA-45C3-A118-1A1027DD2C3E.jpeg

why did your first cheque  get destroyed?