What signed #SWFC stuff do you own?

On 4/27/2018 at 16:05, scilly owl said:

Alan Smiths book about being a physiotherapist !!! Not that cool I know, but hear me now.... my lawn is grown from Hillsborough grass seed from the ‘80’s

Charlie Wain, a lovely old gem of a bloke used to come here on holiday and I would take him fishing. He was an old school Wednesday scout, discovered Mel, the Shirtcliff brothers, Mark Smith, Ticker Taylor, that era .

He sent me a big bag of grass seed when they re laid the surface one year.

It was very green and very quick growing and is the closest that I will ever get to playing on the hallowed turf .

Charlie Wain was the one who discovered Sterland I think. Also he once spotted me and my son walking away from the old club shop and invited us to meet the players who were around. We met Nigel Worthington, Steve McCall and Ian Cranson as I remember. We saw Siggi Jonsson on the treatment table. Great day for my son who was about 7 at the time. Thanks Charlie.

1 hour ago, Treborowl said:

Charlie Wain was the one who discovered Sterland I think. Also he once spotted me and my son walking away from the old club shop and invited us to meet the players who were around. We met Nigel Worthington, Steve McCall and Ian Cranson as I remember. We saw Siggi Jonsson on the treatment table. Great day for my son who was about 7 at the time. Thanks Charlie.

He was a huge man and he had a huge heart.

I loved it when he visited the islands... we’d spend the day fishing and he would tell me some belting stories about his scouting, what the players were like, even what their parents were like ! 

I have to say that I looked at one or two of the team in a different light after he spilled the beans !!

• Like 1

Went to a hospitality meal one christmas boxing day, though can't remember the year.  Won a raffle and was presented by the shirt by Richard Wood in the lounge.  Told him I wish he wasnplauing as he was injured.  Left us shortly afterwards.

2 hours ago, shandya1971 said:

Photo of 1935 FA Cup winning team with trophy signed by all players and staff.

Its in a frame a frame along with original programme and ticket, as well as original cigarette cards and photos of some of the players.

I'll give you £10 for that

But hurry because that offer runs out at midnight tonight

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, shandya1971 said:

Photo of 1935 FA Cup winning team with trophy signed by all players and staff.

Its in a frame a frame along with original programme and ticket, as well as original cigarette cards and photos of some of the players.

I've got the programme & ticket.

always on the look out for memorabilia from the 1935 final 

Got a poster advertising FC Copenhagen v Sheffield Wednesday featuring Shefki Kuqi for our pre-season 2002 game in Denmark signed by the entire squad and staff which was easy as they stopped in same hotel as us.

Ive meant go get this framed for 16 years but it's still in mint condition in a poster tube.

I also have a 1993 semi-final programme against the pigs signed by all our squad

• Like 1

Got a programme signed  at Villa away in 65,Howard Wilko,ford,don megson,gerry young,fant & wilf smith,and one from 70-71,with prophett,downes sunley,craig,sinclair,prendo & sam todd,one from hull away I actually went in the dressing room at half time and i think the whole side signed it from memory,a signed shirt from 93-94 with the whole squad on it,a N Ireland shirt signed by dave clements,match worn v scotland,also has the likes of jennings dougan best bremner law stein gemmill ect.

An Ibrox Park disaster fund programme signed by derek dooley and albert broadbent,Team sheet from the cardiff PO final with whole squad                                                                                                                           

1 hour ago, owl-zat said:

Got a poster advertising FC Copenhagen v Sheffield Wednesday featuring Shefki Kuqi for our pre-season 2002 game in Denmark signed by the entire squad and staff which was easy as they stopped in same hotel as us.

Ive meant go get this framed for 16 years but it's still in mint condition in a poster tube.

I also have a 1993 semi-final programme against the pigs signed by all our squad

I particularly like bits like this that probably aren't really valuable but very unique and I'm sure holds some great memories for you. 

In my son's room his first shirt signed by the squad. Plaques with full details

With pics of players signed by Westwood

Lees 

Bannan

Forestieri 

Also pic of the two of us with Carlos then subsequently signed by Carlos.

20180429_001043.png

Edited by ReginaldD
  • Like 2