Sheffield Varsity Final

Let's be honest here, it's an accident rather than any kind of hooliganism. The fans were clambering on the boards to celebrate with the team, a bit rowdy but nothing that we'd even bat an eyelid over if it was Owls fans somewhere away from S6. Then the thing tips over.

It's hardly fucking Heysel is it?

2 minutes ago, eDDie said:

Let's be honest here, it's an accident rather than any kind of hooliganism. The fans were clambering on the boards to celebrate with the team, a bit rowdy but nothing that we'd even bat an eyelid over if it was Owls fans somewhere away from S6. Then the thing tips over.

It's hardly fucking Heysel is it?

It was more than that tbf. 

That's just one video. 

I agree, students are really out of touch with reality.  I would love to live in Sheffield but I find quite a few areas are plagued by students and graduates who stay in our glorious city till death.  I moved back to Sheffield when I had my first child and lived in Walkley, had a rouge landlord who was a pompous, righteous and condescending liberal (former school teacher).  He settled in Sheffield after his degree and now exploits the housing crisis.  Walkley, Crookes, Broomhill, Ranmoor, Ecclesall are littered with these types. (plus house prices are ridiculous, anyone below 40 years old on a decent wage cannot afford to buy a house there).

However I don't agree with the anti-education vibe in these comments. It's not like the olden days where people are only educated to the level of a 12 year old and your life is decided on passing your 11+

Edited by RobbieOwler

1 hour ago, runningaround said:

I did a masters at uni of Sheffield felt pretty embarrassed to read this. 

Just highlghts how out of touch some students actually are miles away from responsibility and reality 

TBF, is it that much different to our fans when we went to all those grounds in League One tearing advertising boards down etc.