Louis Shackshaft makes the case for Keiren Westwood

I guess it’s that time of the year again, with only a few more fixtures remaining before the end of the league campaign, Owls players are already being linked with moves away from the club.

The most notable reports suggest that our beloved goalkeeper Keiran Westwood is being targeted by numerous teams. Despite the Wednesday shot-stopper being side-lined for the majority of the season, he is without question an invaluable member of the squad. 

http://www.louisshackshaft.com/blog/keep-your-hands-off-our-keiran

Owlstalk Shop

No room for sentiment for me. Whichever keeper Jos deems best for the job will be his NO.1. 

Personally, that Liverpool reserve keeper Danny Ward who helped get Huddersfield promoted should be brought in...

Ward - Hefele - Wells 

Out 

Westwood - Loovens - Wallace - Winnall

Edited by bigash_swfc

Last two interviews I have heard from Jos where he has been asked the question about Westwood he has avoided talking about him at all.

He has simply answered by talking about how competent Wildsmith and Dawson are.

Must admit that it sounded to me like Westwood will be leaving if we get a buyer.

40 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

So you can gauge his opinion a little?

It could be like taking advice from JTO for all we know!

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 18.42.20.jpg

I dunno - I get what you're saying but sometimes if an opinion is valid and correct it's irrelevant who's saying it

As for Louis Shackshaft he's just reached the final for an award for his work and rightly so. he's one of many upcoming bloggers, vloggers and journalists that could be great for the future of Sheffield Wednesday reporting and info

Owlstalk Shop

7 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

No room for sentiment for me. Whichever keeper Jos deems best for the job will be his NO.1. 

Personally, that Liverpool reserve keeper Danny Ward who helped get Huddersfield promoted should be brought in...

Ward - Hefele - Wells 

Out 

Westwood - Loovens - Wallace - Winnall

If Ward did come in you could add Dawson and Wildsmith as well as Westwood to those who would be leaving

Regardless of how highly you rate Westwood and many of us do, I think his potential sale is the most likely piece of transfer business on our radar at the moment.

Taking in to account our finances, his age, the fact that he is a desirable asset with good value and that we have 3 very good keepers on the books this one looks highly likely to me.