The 1990's Forestieri

Forestieri plays in a similar position that Carbone did but I would say that Carbone was more elegant than Forestieri is. If we are to make comparisons then, with the unpredictable nature of his trickery, Forestieri is more like a shorter and lesser (but still brilliant) DiCanio. 

29 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Forestieri plays in a similar position that Carbone did but I would say that Carbone was more elegant than Forestieri is. If we are to make comparisons then, with the unpredictable nature of his trickery, Forestieri is more like a shorter and lesser (but still brilliant) DiCanio. 

And Di Canio was 10x the player Carbone was

1 hour ago, HubristicClapper said:

This is like saying JJ is better than Regi Blinker.

Loved both players but you need to be realistic.   Carbone may have had a serious case of tunnel vision when it came to a pass at times, but his skill was world stage, not Championship stage.   If anything he culled his future by signing for us.

World stage?.....really....international caps = zero

Unless you are classing Valley Parade as the world stage

or any other of the 18 odd clubs where he played

5 hours ago, Ian said:

Gi or.....Forestieri is 10x the player Carbone was....both individually and as a team player

Carbone was the most selfish player we've ever had.....he's shoot from 30 yards even if there was a player to pass to 10 yards out who'd have a tap in.

Yes the odd one would fly in and everyone would laud him but the hard facts were we were scoring 1 screamer instead of 10 tap ins

Yes, Beni had his faults. He was selfish at times. But he had huge pressure on his shoulders, especially when Paolo was banned. He also didn't have trust in the ability of his team mates. But if you seriously think that Fernando was 10 X better, then you've got serious issues.

52 minutes ago, Ian said:

World stage?.....really....international caps = zero

Unless you are classing Valley Parade as the world stage

or any other of the 18 odd clubs where he played

And?

How many caps did Paolo have?

How many caps does Fernando have?

56 minutes ago, Ian said:

And Di Canio was 10x the player Carbone was

Where are you plucking these numbers from?

If Paolo was 10 X the player Beni was, he'd have been better than Maradona and Messi etc.

I think you need to look at the definition of the word: 'exaggerate' 

33 minutes ago, Ian said:

I think you need to take some time to have a look who his team mates were

I know who his team mates were.

I went home and away.

Please tell me how Fernando is 10 x the player that Beni was.

What does he do which is 10 x better?

You are talking nonsense. 

Edited by Robdylan

For all of his attacking flare Carbone was a liability defensively. He would try to pull off a trick in midfield lose the forward movement of the attack, lose the ball the Hillsborough hush decended and you hear every knot in our net as the opposition score yeat another Carbone gift. FF doesn't give the ball away as Carbone did. 

9 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

Stop it! Fernando was decent. Carbone was absoloute world class! He could have played for anyone.

Carbone wasn't world class he was as I said a defensive liability. Its just a guess but that's probably why he didn't play international football. Chris Waddle was world class, and Paulo Di Canio was much better than Carbone in all respects.

Edited by mark1948
Typo

21 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

Carbone wasn't world class he was as I said a defensive liability. Its just a guess but that's probably why he didn't play international football. Chris Waddle was world class, and Paulo Di Canio was much better than Carbone in all respects.

respect your view but you dont score goals like he did, against the opposition he did without being world class. He wasn't there to defend!