We got a player on our hands!

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Not the finished article but a good player who will get better (IMO). Already increased his value significantly (again IMO) in these crazy times from what some feel was an originally overpriced buying price.

One of our genuinely saleable assets.

19 hours ago, torres said:

Reach doesn’t have the final ball quality of a Brunt type and doesn’t have the raw physical attributes of an Antonio 

He can be relied on to put a shift in (should be a given), as this season has shown, he cares, wants to win and has more than enough quality to hold his own in our league 

I can only see him going to the premier if a team like Burnley put a bid in, maybe Cardiff if they go up 

Well put.

Reach has lots of attributes but other than his energy is not exceptional at anything in particular.

Bet managers love having a player like him in the squad. His versatility and 100% commitment make him a valuable asset.

He's done ok. A reliable 6 out of 10 performer which the occasional slightly better performance.

But I do think his reviews this season and the general opinion of him overall are way OTT.

He's probably been over glorified because he's one of the only players that has been consistently fit and played regular games. Initially he played each week due to versatility and later due to the multiple injuries in midfield. Realistically that left no other options for POTS. Had Bannan or FF been fit for longer than they'd be way ahead for the POTY award.

I certainly don't believe he's worth £5 million and would be gobsmacked if he even got linked to a PL team

Reach seems to lack an intensity/power in most things he does, whether it’s his crosses not beating the first man, his passes lacking pace, or his tackling lacking aggression. He reminds me a bit of a talented junior player being asked to step up to play with the senior side. 

If he can improve his intensity and power then he would have a vey good player

On 24/04/2018 at 13:33, welsOwl74 said:

7 wins on 26 games with reach playing in most of them in the position you said.doesn't sound quite as good as your suggesting

Reach would last  oneseason in the premier league before he was shipped back to the championship.

Above average championship player, yes absolutely.nothing more.nothing less

Bloody ell, then how would the rest of the squad do in the prem..0.25 of a season in the prem?

3 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Reach seems to lack an intensity/power in most things he does, whether it’s his crosses not beating the first man, his passes lacking pace, or his tackling lacking aggression. He reminds me a bit of a talented junior player being asked to step up to play with the senior side. 

If he can improve his intensity and power then he would have a vey good player

Don't you think that will happen with a proper fitness, conditioning and physio team in place from the end of the season

7 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Don't you think that will happen with a proper fitness, conditioning and physio team in place from the end of the season

Yes I hope it does, because there’s a good player there that just needs a bit more aggression and decisiveness in his game. Hopefully Jos and the team will unleash it 

On 4/24/2018 at 16:44, torres said:

Reach doesn’t have the final ball quality of a Brunt type and doesn’t have the raw physical attributes of an Antonio 

He can be relied on to put a shift in (should be a given), as this season has shown, he cares, wants to win and has more than enough quality to hold his own in our league 

I can only see him going to the premier if a team like Burnley put a bid in, maybe Cardiff if they go up 

If he is half as good as Scott Arfield, he'll be welcome at Burnley. We need squad players for our Europa League campaign.

With Sean Dyche's coaching, Huddersfield reject Arfield improved 100%.

Edited by ReluctantNicko