We got a player on our hands!

2 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

Same as Duffy at pigs and 2 less than freeman at qpr wouldn't get too excited about Adam 

Rate both of them and the fact Reach was playing left back for the first half of the season bumps it up even further. 

Edited by AwokenGiant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Rate both of them and the fact Reach was playing left back for the first half of the season bumps it up even further. 

9 assists and 4 goals all season doesn't strike me as 'some player' .fair enough if he had played left back all season but he hasn't

3 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

9 assists and 4 goals all season doesn't strike me as 'some player' .fair enough if he had played left back all season but he hasn't

I totally disagree - relatively good age, creates chances and can do excellent work both defensively and going forward. If he can just improve his goal scoring stats, he’ll be almost (not strong in the tackle) the complete midfielder. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

Just now, AwokenGiant said:

I disagree - relatively good age, creates chances and can do excellent work both defensively and going forward. If he can just improve his goal scoring stats, he’ll be almost the complete midfielder. 

:tango: now I know your on the wind up

Reach has by far been our most consistent player this season. In my opinion he's become this season one of our key players and one of a few that are of promotion quality and one of the players we need to keep and build around. For me Reach has this season been one of a couple of positives from a nightmare season, along with the youngsters; Joao and Nuhiu. There's no doubt in my mind that Reach deserves to be our player of the season and hopefully he will carry that into next season, attacking wise he's one of our best players.

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

5 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

:tango: now I know your on the wind up

Reach reads the game v well and was excellent at times breaking attacks down (box-to-box work) when he was doing the wing-back role under CC. From a standing start one-on-one he’s not good and he’s not strong in 50/50’s granted - but as a tracking back midfielder he doesn’t shirk his responsibility! 

Edited by AwokenGiant

Yeah reach is one of those players that just moves like a footballer, he can play multiple roles and just has class. You could see it when we signed him, he's got so many assets. Yet he's one of those players that some fans just don't seem to see the value of. Brunt was the same and Whelan. They focus on the fact that he's not a muscle bound power house or really aggressive. Not sure what it is but a lot of fans were slating Hooper for 6 months when we signed him and just don't seem to see how good he is either, bewilders me.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Reach reads the game v well and was excellent at times breaking attacks down (box-to-box work) when he was doing the wing-back role under CC. From a standing start one-on-one he’s not good and he’s not strong in 50/50’s granted. 

7 wins on 26 games with reach playing in most of them in the position you said.doesn't sound quite as good as your suggesting

Reach would last  oneseason in the premier league before he was shipped back to the championship.

Above average championship player, yes absolutely.nothing more.nothing less

Edited by welsOwl74

11 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

I totally disagree - relatively good age, creates chances and can do excellent work both defensively and going forward. If he can just improve his goal scoring stats, he’ll be almost (not strong in the tackle) the complete midfielder. 

Is this the same Adam Reach that has neshed every 50:50 challenge he has had this season.

He is improving but we over paid on him - he might now be worth what we paid for him, but you look at the strikers around him for a truly good winger and none of the have got particular good stats other than Nuihu over the last few months. Lets have a settled team next year with Reach on the left wing and see how he does. 

Just now, room0035 said:

Is this the same Adam Reach that has neshed every 50:50 challenge he has had this season.

He is improving but we over paid on him - he might now be worth what we paid for him, but you look at the strikers around him for a truly good winger and none of the have got particular good stats other than Nuihu over the last few months. Lets have a settled team next year with Reach on the left wing and see how he does. 

Agree 100% 

4 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

7 wins on 26 games with reach playing in most of them in the position you said.doesn't sound quite as good as your suggesting

Reach would last  oneseason in the premier league before he was shipped back to the championship.

Above average championship player, yes absolutely.nothing more.nothing less

So was it just Reach in defence in those games? Did Lees play in them? And if so, what does your theory say about him as a defender? 

My point is, Reach is not a defender but he grafts hard and reads it well and can often break down play. He adds something to our defensive work as well as going forward - this cannot he said for every midfielder. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

Funnily enough Ben Marshal on loan at Millwall has 13 appearance 5 assists and 3 goals gross up his rate to Reach's 35 appearances 9 assists and 4 goals and his return doesn't look as good and we could get Ben 10 for the right wing for around £1m in the next transfer window.

Reach on the left, Marshall on the right who do you think would get more goals and assists - my money's on Marshall.

Just now, room0035 said:

Funnily enough Ben Marshal on loan at Millwall has 13 appearance 5 assists and 3 goals gross up his rate to Reach's 35 appearances 9 assists and 4 goals and his return doesn't look as good and we could get Ben 10 for the right wing for around £1m in the next transfer window.

Reach on the left, Marshall on the right who do you think would get more goals and assists - my money's on Marshall.

You are right but we still need Reach 

He is a keeper for our team and I don't mean a goalie lol