U23s

Need a draw in final game to win the division. A defeat and a win by Forest in final game and we miss the play-off's. Equalized in 90+2 tonight, Ipswich beat Bolton also at 90+2.Final game on Friday at home to Burnley. Forest play an hour earlier. 

U23 Table 2018-04-23.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wednesday should have won dominated game in second half. But Wallis saved Wednesday with penalty save in extra time.

Preston scored wednesday goal with header close to end of game he had several efforts saved by their goalie in second half.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Quist said:

Wednesday should have won dominated game in second half. But Wallis saved Wednesday with penalty save in extra time.

Preston scored wednesday goal with header close to end of game he had several efforts saved by their goalie in second half.

I don't think we dominated .

They had a 15 minute spell or so when we did. But this ended with Colchesters goal.

Nielson had a good game..

Surprised when he came off early.(Needed for first team Saturday?)

He is very vocal when trying to organise.

Much more vocal than O'Grady.

Borukov played ok and had some good moments.

But he did have a tantrum when brought off.

Kicking bottles etc.

In fact, even though it was well after he was brought off, I missed Colchesters goal watching him have another hissy fit.

Connor K was ok even though he made quite a few misplaced passes.

Colchester had 3 corners and a couple of shots in first 15 then the game seemed to settle into a 0-0 draw.

Both teams first shots on target were just before half time.

The second half was better but shots either on or off target were not really happening for either side.

A draw was a fair result, though I thought we were going to come unstuck giving away a penalty about 60 seconds after the restart for our goal.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hawkowl said:

Nielson had a good game..

Surprised when he came off early.(Needed for first team Saturday?)

He is very vocal when trying to organise.

Much more vocal than O'Grady.

Borukov played ok and had some good moments.

But he did have a tantrum when brought off.

Kicking bottles etc.

In fact, even though it was well after he was brought off, I missed Colchesters goal watching him have another hissy fit.

Connor K was ok even though he made quite a few misplaced passes.

Colchester had 3 corners and a couple of shots in first 15 then the game seemed to settle into a 0-0 draw.

Both teams first shots on target were just before half time.

The second half was better but shots either on or off target were not really happening for either side.

A draw was a fair result, though I thought we were going to come unstuck giving away a penalty about 60 seconds after the restart for our goal.

Hopefully that's a reaction of not scoring on his birthday rather than 'normal' behaviour.

1 minute ago, Animis said:

Hopefully that's a reaction of not scoring on his birthday rather than 'normal' behaviour.

It could be. I have never seen him play before so couldn't say.

But he was brought off during his best spell of the game.

Just when I was starting to think, this lad looks good.