TRANSFER NEWS: #SWFC ‘have made an approach’ for fast-emerging Sunderland talent

Transfer window closes on Thursday, 9th August for permanent transfers. Standard loans can still be made up to 31st August including loans with an agreement for a permanent transfer in the next transfer window.

55 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I think it's normally the first Monday of July? It'll be around then officially for sure

Usually, transfer window between English clubs opens on the 9th June. Whether that's the case anymore with the window closing 3 weeks earlier this year I'm not sure.

This deal would surprise me. If we continue to play with wingbacks, where would he fit in? I suppose he could be a replacement in the middle for Reach, bags of energy and then Reach can move to LWB.

If we play 4-2-3-1 more often than not next season, could definitely see it as a RM. Replacement for Wallace I guess.

I've been crying out for us to reorient our transfer policy away from experienced but older and more expensive players towards younger lads who will only improve with us and prove to be far better value for money. This would be a hell of a start, Honeyman is a real talent. There's always some good players to be looted from the relegated clubs, Honeyman might be the pick of the bunch. Duncan Watmore and Paddy McNair are good players as well, albeit Watmore would be a large risk with his injury history.

The original story couldn't make up its mind whether it was Sheff Wed or Sheff Utd that were chasing him iirc.

I would like to make it clear right now that this kid is either the best young prospect outside the Premier League or a terrible waste of money who looks like he's never even met a football. 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Not great reading but we all remember the Leeds/Tom Lees story.

I see there’s a couple of posters who say he would play better with better players, and that Sunderland fans should be careful what they wish for if they think they’ll get better next season. 

Hopefully Jos has a better eye for a player to improve than depressed Sunderland fans 

5 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Not great reading but we all remember the Leeds/Tom Lees story.

I see there’s a couple of posters who say he would play better with better players, and that Sunderland fans should be careful what they wish for if they think they’ll get better next season. 

Hopefully Jos has a better eye for a player to improve than depressed Sunderland fans 

Reminds me of the Pelupessy signing; decent age, first team experience, good engine and good attitude. These seem to be attributes Jos likes.

28 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Usually, transfer window between English clubs opens on the 9th June. Whether that's the case anymore with the window closing 3 weeks earlier this year I'm not sure.

Funny isn't it... I thought "June" in my head, I said it to myself as I typed it, I read it on my phone screen... shows how much of a dopey twát I am really lol 

• Haha 1

This comes from HITC the other day.

They don't seem to know which Sheffield club they are talking about.

It is understood, however, that Honeyman would love the chance to stay in the Championship, and jumping ship to Sheffield Wednesday would give him that opportunity.

George Honeyman of Sunderland and Greg Leigh of Bury in action during the Carabao Cup First Round match between Bury and Sunderland at Gigg Lane on August 10, 2017 in Bury, England.

It is not known how much it would take to prize Honeyman away from a debt-ridden Sunderland side, but considering that he is out of contract in one years’ time, Sheffield United will be hoping to snap him up on a cut price deal.