10 minutes ago, heppers said:

Hirst and Winnall want out so move them on.

Fletcher - big money - not needed

We are are stuck with Fletcher given his age and recent injuries. Someone will take  Rhodes and I personally think he will be leaving this summer. He nearly left on loan in January and he’s not in Jos’s plans. If everyone was fit, he wouldn’t be getting in the 18 man squad. 

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

We are are stuck with Fletcher given his age and recent injuries. Someone will take  Rhodes and I personally think he will be leaving this summer. He nearly left on loan in January and he’s not in Jos’s plans. If everyone was fit, he wouldn’t be getting in the 18 man squad. 

You’ve obviously got some insider knowledge within the club.

I would say Jos doesn’t know his best 11 yet 

as for Rhodes leaving, yes maybe that might happen 

I’d like to see another striker come in, another with pace if possible So in that case, we’d probably need to lose one of the big earners, Rhodes or Fletcher

Losing one, or both of them, along with the wantaways, Winnall and Hirst, should free up enough for a top class loanee

He's behind Hooper, nuhiu, joao and Fernando in my pecking order. 

This leaves hirst, fletcher, winnall and Rhodes.

Think we can wave goodbye to hirst and winnall. Try and shift the other two, granted that will be difficult. 

Then I agree with the poster previously that we need a pacy attacker.

Id like too see hooper, joao, nuhiu, fernando (to be flexible between left and centre) and a new pacy forward. Would blood borukov in the cup/loan out too. 

IMO Rhodes is probably best moved on for all involved... playing 4th or 5th fiddle isn't going to breed confidence and he clearly doesn't have much right now anyway. It's a shame really 

Edited by kilbyj

I really feel for the lad, I saw his interview when he signed, so positive and happy he had moved to us.  I think we have all hoped he would find form and play his best but lets face it he has been a massive diappointment.  Refusing to take that penalty didn't help either.  Maybe he should draw a line under his time with us and move on.  

2 hours ago, kilbyj said:

He's behind Hooper, nuhiu, joao and Fernando in my pecking order.

He won't be behind Hooper in Jos's pecking order. Luhukay has never actually seen him play, plus I'd think Hooper's the sort of player who's unlikely to dazzle in training - he's class and he makes it work on matchdays, but hardly a workhorse.

I've a feeling Jos is a bit of a meat and potatoes man in that regard; workrate and willing before pedigree. Could be wrong, but it's the impression I get listening to him talk. Love Hooper, but not entirely sure he'll walk into the team once he's back - especially if he's still showing a tendency towards lack of general fitness.

Jos, unlike our previous gaffer, does not seem one to risk players who aren't 100%. He'd rather give an untested young 'un a run in the starting XI than throw on an old favourite operating at 70%, based on what we've seen so far.

Edited by Mr. Tom

Hirst and Winnall look like they have gone,I'd keep the likes of Rhodes who's never injured and still young enough.Ff, Joao and Nuhiu I'd keep/extend contracts..Fletcher and Hooper is let go,like Hooper but no good playing half a season every season.Fletcher why we got him I still scratch my head.Add some pace up top instead young and fast is what we need or at least fast...imo...UTO FTB

On 24/04/2018 at 11:34, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Hirst and Winnall look like they have gone,I'd keep the likes of Rhodes who's never injured and still young enough.Ff, Joao and Nuhiu I'd keep/extend contracts..Fletcher and Hooper is let go,like Hooper but no good playing half a season every season.Fletcher why we got him I still scratch my head.Add some pace up top instead young and fast is what we need or at least fast...imo...UTO FTB

i can see your reasoning in letting hooper go, and yes jos could be that type of manager.

On 23/04/2018 at 09:02, SS Owl said:

I thought he looked like he'd lost a stone in weight and bulked his upper body a bit. Certainly putting himself about a lot more

On 23/04/2018 at 19:51, handworth52 said:

at the min the only strikers who will be fit for beginning of next season are joao ,fessi,and Rhodes , I get the feeling nuhiu will leave , winnall out till xmas , and fletcher and hooper are crocks , next season will be about consolidation . there will be a very limited budget this summer for jos , loovens,wallace,nuhiu and westwoods wages will be off the books  that might be 70k worth of wages , if we get a fee for westwood that will probably finance venancio move of 2 million euros (1.7 million) then we might have  50-60k a week to bring in maybe 3 loans/ free transfers . I get feeling if we had ben marshall or similar  Rhodes would fair far better. 

it may be that rhodes is fitter and bulked because he's had the nod off jos as he'll be retained, but will be needed to play the lone c/f role, as opposed to feeding off one, also if he hits scoring form his value rises immensely of course.

all we've given rhodes for two years is a methodical slow ball through the m/f, and a distance cross from wide men who can't get past a fullback. 

5 hours ago, dnhc said:

it may be that rhodes is fitter and bulked because he's had the nod off jos as he'll be retained, but will be needed to play the lone c/f role, as opposed to feeding off one, also if he hits scoring form his value rises immensely of course.

all we've given rhodes for two years is a methodical slow ball through the m/f, and a distance cross from wide men who can't get past a fullback. 

yes you are right , the service for our strikers this past 2 years has been appalling , what strikers like Rhodes need is a ben marshall on one side and another winger on left knocking decent balls across from the byline , its not rocket science but carlos the clown dispensed with that idea. if I were a striker I wouldn't touch any carlos team unless I want my confidence and form to completely go. 

2 hours ago, handworth52 said:

yes you are right , the service for our strikers this past 2 years has been appalling , what strikers like Rhodes need is a ben marshall on one side and another winger on left knocking decent balls across from the byline , its not rocket science but carlos the clown dispensed with that idea. if I were a striker I wouldn't touch any carlos team unless I want my confidence and form to completely go. 

But two widemen can leave you short in the middle of the park.

7 hours ago, dnhc said:

Maybe but the other strikers have coped better than Rhodes.

10 hours ago, Wakefield owl said:

rhodes may have been the one most short changed by our 'drag ourselves forward at the speed of molasses in winter' policy, when you look at nuhiu, hooper, and fletcher, none of them are built for 'the chase'. 

all our forwards game may well have been blunted by our lack of expedience.

rhodes may have been the one most short changed by our 'drag ourselves forward at the speed of molasses in winter' policy, when you look at nuhiu, hooper, and fletcher, none of them are built for 'the chase'. 

But two widemen can leave you short in the middle of the park.

they'd be required to tuck inside when not involved in the attack, it's not the 1950's.