When the cross came in it was slightly behind him, would have been difficult for any striker. A yard in front and he would have scored. He certainly looks a better player these last few games, would be interesting to see how he plays with Big Dave. Very difficult to play a lone striker with no support, better with two forwards

10 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Anyone think he looked a lot sharper on Saturday?

Won a few headers, brought the ball down well and nice few flicks ons to teammates. Also did well to drag two defenders away with him to create space for Boyd to get his goal. Also looks a bit bigger to me too, seems to have been hitting the gym.

We've been patient with him but promising couple of performances from Jordan. I know many are saying we should cut our losses and move him on, but I'd be interested to see how he fairs with a pre-season under Jos.

Apologies but I have to say I was underwhelmed again by Rhodes on sat. However Nuhiu, joao and FF altogether looked really promising.

I guess Rhodes was pretty isolated in the first half so probably not fair comparison but still disappointed

at the min the only strikers who will be fit for beginning of next season are joao ,fessi,and Rhodes , I get the feeling nuhiu will leave , winnall out till xmas , and fletcher and hooper are crocks , next season will be about consolidation . there will be a very limited budget this summer for jos , loovens,wallace,nuhiu and westwoods wages will be off the books  that might be 70k worth of wages , if we get a fee for westwood that will probably finance venancio move of 2 million euros (1.7 million) then we might have  50-60k a week to bring in maybe 3 loans/ free transfers . I get feeling if we had ben marshall or similar  Rhodes would fair far better. 

10 hours ago, cowl said:

but then he had a decent chance to score with the header with the ball in from Boyd(?) - he should really have done better with it

Disagree. This was hardly a "decent chance". It was at best a half chance and in truth it would have been remarkable if he had scored it. The cross was too high and slightly behind him and at least 12-14 yards out. Even Andy Mac or Leapy Lee Chapman wouldn't have buried that.

Thought Rhodes did ok. He worked his socks off. He is not suited to a lone striker role and plays better off someone else (preferably a target man who can flick on) He looked fitter and won more headers than he had a right to. His lay offs were mostly excellent. 

We aren't using him right but not sure we are ever going to...

Would love him to come good but in hindsight think we probably shouldn't have signed him (that is not what I felt at the time though!)...

At the moment in the championship 8 of the top 9 usually play a system with a lone striker.

It is the modern way.

Only Millwall play two up top and their game is based on high tempo with a physical presence throughout the team.

Fulham for all their creative players only came good this season when they signed Mitrovic who is an exceptional player at Championship level 

This is a problem for most of our strikers not just Rhodes.

We don’t have the players to play like Millwall.

2 hours ago, oldishowl said:

At the moment in the championship 8 of the top 9 usually play a system with a lone striker.

It is the modern way.

Only Millwall play two up top and their game is based on high tempo with a physical presence throughout the team.

Fulham for all their creative players only came good this season when they signed Mitrovic who is an exceptional player at Championship level 

This is a problem for most of our strikers not just Rhodes.

We don’t have the players to play like Millwall.

Thank fizz

21 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

He wants to come good and that attitude and desire is important to keep around the football club.

Do we ship out Fletcher, Hirst and Winnall to keep Rhodes tho? and bolster other areas of the squad?

Formation maybe designed for full backs to get 10-15 assists per season also, imagine if we had Ben Marshall and Scott Malone. Rhodes may see an up turn. 

Hirst and Winnall want out so move them on.

Fletcher - big money - not needed