Big Thank You To SWFC

23 hours ago, Striggy said:

The club and it's organisation gets a lot of stick, so for balance here is a big thumbs up to SWFC.

My Mum is currently 88 not out, and during a long conversation around Christmas we were reminiscing about all the games we had been to together as a family whist my dad was alive.  She said she would really like to attend one more match while still (just about) being able, and as a fool I replied OK if that's what you would like I will sort it! I never thought about the logistics, she can walk a bit, but longer distances needs a fold up wheelchair, she feels the cold, needs to be comfortable, even if I could get her to the ground the sudden thought of her on the concourse queuing for the ladies filled me with dread.

So I contacted the club, and after speaking to Hazel in the ticket office, and getting put on to Richard Stanford and finally to Alistair, a plot was hatched. I was offered a reasonable Hospitality package of drop off, parking, lunch, and then most importantly use of the balcony seats of an empty box, where my mum could enjoy the atmosphere of the game in comfort, and without constant interruptions (You now 5 mins after KO, 30 mins sweet or wee break, 5 mins before half time for another pee and a pint, 5 mins after second half ko, leave on 86, that sort of thing)

I jumped at the chance and the day went like a dream, got mum safely and early to the ground, parked up in Hillsborough Park, a wonderful lunch in the Dooley Suite, a talk from Rob Jones (just how tall is he?) lift up to the box, a wonderful seat approching the half way line, coffee, drinks and a snack at half time, a 3-0 win, sunshine, coffee and a pie at full time.  Collect car and mum, home at 6;00 well happy.

A big thank you to all, especially Aliaster and James who looked after us on the day.   Made my mum's day and all of us very happy UTO and well done SWFC for helping to make this happen.

Mum and Fletch.jpg

pitch.jpg

Well done mate. She looks fitter than Fletcher. 

On 22/04/2018 at 20:34, torres said:

Mum and Fletch.jpg

The old joints aren’t what they used to be, not as quick or as fit as years gone by ..... but he still managed to stay on his feet long enough for a picture 

So that what's wrong with him he's a flamin hunchback!