Big Thank You To SWFC

Alistair is a real asset to Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.

Not only does he know his stuff but he's a really top bloke

But it's not just that

It's the little things he does. The attention to detail, and the nice things he does above and beyond to make things brilliant for fans that stands him out at the club.

I really like Alistair. Over the years he's never once been anything less than polite, understanding and brilliant

I genuinely hope he stays for years to come

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

But it's not just that

It's the little things he does. The attention to detail, and the nice things he does above and beyond to make things brilliant for fans that stands him out at the club.

I really like Alistair. Over the years he's never once been anything less than polite, understanding and brilliant

He really did much more than expected, and more than he needed to, and it made for a wonderful experience for all of us. Cannot thank him enough, tried to ring him this morning to give a personal thank you, but he was busy as I am sure he often is, will try again later.  Top banana!

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Good to hear a nice story for once.

Two points..... 

Rob Jones works for Wednesday?   I've heard before that he's a lifelong Wednesdayite.  But he's Gateshead-born and has a distinct Tynseside accent.  Anyone know the story behind that?

Secondly, that 2nd photo shows the massive gap between Kop and North stand.  When they rebuilt the Kop, they could presumably have taken the side of the North stand down.... it's not holding any weight up as far as I know, and got another 1,500 to 2,000 seats in there.  Would have been useful when we got big crowds. No segregation probs there.

Rob Jones as understand it is a Wednesdayite, not sure how and why. He does not work for Wednesday, he works in Leeds at some sort of football academy training youngsters from America I believe.  He was there with his family to enjoy the game and invited to speak.  He is very well spoken, and extremely tall.

Mind the massive gap between to Kop and North

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

But it's not just that

This. He emails back literally hours after sending an email with everything covered. Unbelievable really for a business of Wednesday's nature!