Pair of strikers to start next season, reserve pair and pair to go

Wednesday's many strikers can potentially be split into the following pairs:

1. Rhodes and Foresteriori

2. Nuihu and Joao

3. Hooper and Fletcher

4. Winnall and Hirst

If Lohukay continues with 2 strikers next season who should be the favoured front pair, who should be the reserve pair and which pairs should leave (if we can get them out).  It's ridiculous to have so many expensive strikers as reserves - especially with FFS.

it's likely pair 4 (Winnall and Hirst) will go anyway. 

The remaining decisions are really difficult. Personally I think;

pair 1 (Foresteriori and Rhodes) is the best and should be first choice next season

pair 2 (Nuihu and Joao) would be the best reserve pair

But that means getting rid of pair 3 (Fletcher and Hooper - if that's even possible) who when fit can be good in this division.

Forestieri and Hooper should be the first names on the team sheet. 

Nuhiu and Joao as back up.

Winnall will engineer a move to Derby, Hirst is a gonner, Fletcher will be injured until his contract expires. Rhodes will be sold to balance the books. 

Edited by eckington owl
  • Like 1

Its all about finding the best partnership it’s not necessarily just about putting the best two strikers up front.

For me Hooper and FF are our two best strikers but as partnership I don’t rate it as our best.

Edited by s6 owl

How have you come to the conclusion ff and Rhodes is our best strike partnership ? 

Surely any strikers job is to score goals, hooper and fletchers partnership has created goals, joao and nuhiu has recently created goals, ff creates goals because he is just a good player who can create them, rhodes for me has done nothing to even warrant a place in the match day squad never mind selling hooper (who for me is our most important players when fit). 

I’d somehow go with any of hooper, Joao and nuhiu, and try to get ff in the team with them, probably on the wing, which I still thinks been his most effective position for us. And let rhodes go out on loan to chesterfield next season 

Do you really think it's a good idea to drop to having 4 strikers on the books taken from our current selection, when not a single one of them has been both productive and available for 40+ games in a season, either ever or in years? We'd be seeing a lot more of the 5-5-0.

1 hour ago, Siggijonsson said:

Wednesday's many strikers can potentially be split into the following pairs:

1. Rhodes and Foresteriori

2. Nuihu and Joao

3. Hooper and Fletcher

4. Winnall and Hirst

If Lohukay continues with 2 strikers next season who should be the favoured front pair, who should be the reserve pair and which pairs should leave (if we can get them out).  It's ridiculous to have so many expensive strikers as reserves - especially with FFS.

it's likely pair 4 (Winnall and Hirst) will go anyway. 

The remaining decisions are really difficult. Personally I think;

pair 1 (Foresteriori and Rhodes) is the best and should be first choice next season

pair 2 (Nuihu and Joao) would be the best reserve pair

But that means getting rid of pair 3 (Fletcher and Hooper - if that's even possible) who when fit can be good in this division.

Great rid of Hooper?  Do you actually support us?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, eckington owl said:

Winnall will engineer a move to Derby, Hirst is a gonner, Fletcher will be injured until his contract expires. Rhodes will be sold to balance the books. 

34 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Hooper and Fletcher with Forestieri in the hole just behind them.

Joao and Nuhiu as reserve.

Stupidity .... hooper is a crock but I’d still keep him . Joao and adthe are our best strike force , ff somewhere behind . 

Fletcher can do one 

Edited by james o connor

1 hour ago, eckington owl said:

I think this is pretty spot on in an ideal world - though I do worry FF may be old if some big bids come in.