Derek Dooley Goal Scoring Legend

Derek Dooley 63 goals in 63 games. In season 1951-52 against Notts County in a second  half performance he scored five goals in 32 minutes, it could have been  six one was ruled out for offside.

" For me there was no greater thrill than when I belted that ball between the posts. That was my target. That was my life."

."Please note this is a low resoloution image. I have produced a painting to celebrate Sheffield Wednesdays 150 years history, this includes significant players over this period. Please click on the link to view the whole picture,( the images are still pixilated) http://ow.ly/cDym50h6AAt

Derek Dooley.jpg

5 minutes ago, Archie irvine said:

Never got the big hero stuff, what did he really do for us, one good season playing, nearly relocated us as manager, run away to the pigs, he did more for them than us

think when a player loses a leg in the cause of Sheffield Wednesday then entitled to be called heroic ........

On 22/04/2018 at 04:41, Archie irvine said:

Never got the big hero stuff, what did he really do for us, one good season playing, nearly relocated us as manager, run away to the pigs, he did more for them than us

Total cobblers!

Derek Dooley very nearly gave his life for us (his life was vey much in the balance for a few days after his amputation) so what did we eventually do? We sacked him (and Gerry Young) on Christmas Eve! The least classy move we have ever made in our entire history.

The fact that he went to Dem Blavges as their commercial manager, not on the football side at that time and was later made club president is neither here nor there. He loved Sheffield and he loved Sheffield football. Had it not been for the fact we treated him so poorly he would probably have seen out his entire life at Wednesday in one capacity or another.

You really should show more respect!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Total cobblers!

Derek Dooley very nearly gave his life for us (his life was vey much in the balance for a few days after his amputation) so what did we eventually do? We sacked him (and Gerry Young) on Christmas Eve! The least classy move we have ever made in our entire history.

The fact that he went to Dem Blavges as their commercial manager, not on the football side at that time and was later made club president is neither here nor there. He loved Sheffield and he loved Sheffield football. Had it not been for the fact we treated him so poorly he would probably have seen out his entire life at Wednesday in one capacity or another.

You really should show more respect!

Total cobblers to you to,Utah that's in America ain't it

On 22/04/2018 at 11:41, Archie irvine said:

62 goals in 61 games for a Pitsmoor lad sounds pretty legendary to me,not forgetting that he later served the club off the pitch for 11 more years in many capacities that were equally successfull should need little further explanation