Nixon

46 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Forestieri must have scored that great goal on Saturday for Hull then.

Cant recall there ever being a rumour that he was going to Hull? I follow Nixon too. 

Looked on twitter and can’t  see anything. 

2 minutes ago, JC3 said:

Cant recall there ever being a rumour that he was going to Hull? I follow Nixon too. 

Only thing i remember him saying was that Hull were looking at Hooper and Fulham had bid £12m for FF

Edited by s6 owl

12 minutes ago, JC3 said:

He did because I challenged him on it and he blocked me like he does with anyone that questions his spurious posts.

5 hours ago, toppOwl said:

He did because I challenged him on it and he blocked me like he does with anyone that questions his spurious posts.

In all fairness, Nixon gets more right than he gets wrong , he’s one of the more reliable journos on twitter

7 hours ago, toppOwl said:

Have a friend who’s good mates with Hull owner - he informed me after the event that it was Hull who were turning FF’s head prior to him signing a new contract. He (my mate) also tried to get Steve Caulker here on loan at beginning of the season, but CC didn’t want to know. Seems like we might have missed out with that one as he’s once again turning in commanding performances in Scotland amid interest from bigger clubs! 

Edited by AwokenGiant

9 hours ago, toppOwl said:

He's a journalist its his job to get that kind of info and it was quite close to the appointment when he revealed it, he just makes a little info go a long way.

Carlos wasn’t confirmed as manager until just before the season started, Nixon said he was coming here weeks before.

Nixon has contacts at Doyen hence when they were heavily involved at Wednesday he used to get a lotof his posts correct as it was from the horses mouth. Doyen have hooks in Sunderland hence why we did quite a bit of business with them loaning players. The downside on this rumour is I hope doyen are still not influencing recruitment, I suspect Nixon wll have picked up on story from Sunderland side of things (well I am hoping so). Our recruitment was not driven by our requirements but rather what was on Doyen shelf, hence why we have ended up with an extremely unbalanced aged injury prone squad.

Personally do not know much about Honeyman but reeal good write up from Sunderland press suggests he has something to offer.

1 hour ago, Quist said:

Nixon has contacts at Doyen hence when they were heavily involved at Wednesday he used to get a lotof his posts correct as it was from the horses mouth. Doyen have hooks in Sunderland hence why we did quite a bit of business with them loaning players. The downside on this rumour is I hope doyen are still not influencing recruitment, I suspect Nixon wll have picked up on story from Sunderland side of things (well I am hoping so). Our recruitment was not driven by our requirements but rather what was on Doyen shelf, hence why we have ended up with an extremely unbalanced aged injury prone squad.

Personally do not know much about Honeyman but reeal good write up from Sunderland press suggests he has something to offer.

it has crippled our club, we recruited too many 'ball playing' midfielders who can't put a foot in, we haven't any pace in the side, especially wide men. 

if in life you only ever shopped in one store you'd miss out on an awful lot of things elsewhere.

our policy it appears has been far too narrow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AwokenGiant said:

Have a friend who’s good mates with Hull owner - he informed me after the event that it was Hull who were turning FF’s head prior to him signing a new contract. He (my mate) also tried to get Steve Caulker here on loan at beginning of the season, but CC didn’t want to know. Seems like we might have missed out with that one as he’s once again turning in commanding performances in Scotland amid interest from bigger clubs! 

Can you really see a player like FF who's wife seems to prefer the London life considering Hull, really???

This whole getting blocked by Nixon thing is like a football transfer window version of Last Christmas.

Once bitten and twice shy
I keep my distance
But you still catch my eye
Tell me, baby
Do you recognize me?
Well, it's been a year
It doesn't surprise me
(Merry Christmas!) I wrapped it up and sent it
With a note saying, "I love you, " I meant it
Now, I know what a fool I've been
But if you kissed me now
I know you'd fool me again

41 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Can you really see a player like FF who's wife seems to prefer the London life considering Hull, really???

Dont know FF’s preferences or his wife - but if Ravenelli can play for Middlesbrough I’m sure FF could be swayed (financially) to play for Hull. 

3 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Dont know FF’s preferences or his wife - but if Ravenelli can play for Middlesbrough I’m sure FF could be swayed (financially) to play for Hull. 

Have you been to Hull, I doubt it.

Anyway if you want to get excited about anything Nixon posts feel free, I'll wait till the info's a bit more concrete than hit and miss speculation.

Just now, toppOwl said:

Anyway if you want to get excited about anything Nixon posts feel free, I'll wait till the info's a bit more concrete than hit and miss speculation.

Nixon's like many other of these Twitter rumour mongers.

They occasionally get a hit, but post a lot of hot air, and when they do get it right, it's usually a rumour that can be sourced elsewhere, but his followers saw him say it 1st, so believe he's ITK.

lol

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Hasn't it just been voted the City of culture? lol

In all seriousness though I wouldn't see what is so appealing about Hull, especially now they seem to be in a bit of turmoil with the chairman 

21 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

16 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

maybe he has a pet seal, and the smell of fish is a massive + to him.

Forgive me for being thick, or possibly 'out of he loop' but WHO IS this Nixon chap. Not living in Sheffield, I don't get to read the Sheffield -oriented papers, and, to me Twitter is something that birds do. That's the trouble with my generation.

The question is, however, genuine. I like to follow the news on OT, and oblique references to 'Nixon' may as well be the ex-President Richard Nixon as far as I am aware.  

39 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Hasn't it just been voted the City of culture? lol

In all seriousness though I wouldn't see what is so appealing about Hull, especially now they seem to be in a bit of turmoil with the chairman 

I lived there quite a few year back, bransholme estate, nothing cultured about that I tell ya lol

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Cracks me up that people are still questioning by far and away the most reliable source out there

Seeing as your a fan could you start a thread and submit all the BS he puts out so we can tick off how many actually come true.