Nixon

13 hours ago, toppOwl said:

For gods sake I can't believe Nixons name is still cropping up in these things, the man posts absolute nonsense, don't give the oxygen of publicity that he craves by repeating his rubbish.

Can't agree with that he has been spot on with a lot of what he calls, and if you actually try and hold a grown up conversation with him and other's on twitter you get a grown up response.

12 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Can't agree with that he has been spot on with a lot of what he calls, and if you actually try and hold a grown up conversation with him and other's on twitter you get a grown up response.

Only because he calls so much, some of its bound to stick, he actually blocked me on Twitter when I contested his Forestieri to sign for Hull garbage last season. A total fraud.

2 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Only because he calls so much, some of its bound to stick, he actually blocked me on Twitter when I contested his Forestieri to sign for Hull garbage last season. A total fraud.

I have had quite a few conversations with him on twitter and found him to be very down to earth and personable, some of his calls will inevitably not be correct but isn't that just journalism? 

10 minutes ago, PuntItLikeDielna said:

Honeyman is very average at best, would much rather take McNair and Watmore if he can get fit again 

Potentially average but ain't that what Leeds said about Lees? He has been playing in a very very poor Sunderland side with his pecker well down following now 2 consecutive relegations. A new start for the lad could be what is required and we could be getting a very good talent with huge scope for future development.

2 hours ago, PuntItLikeDielna said:

Honeyman is very average at best, would much rather take McNair and Watmore if he can get fit again 

Watmore? Just what we need another player to occupy the treatment room for the season. McNair seems to be the ones their fans rate the most though several think Honeyman would be a bit of a loss while others think he'd be no loss at all.

Edited by Beauchief Owl

2 hours ago, toppOwl said:

definitely isn't a fraud, get's load right mate 

9 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Watmore? Just what we need another player to occupy the treatment room for the season. McNair seems to be the ones their fans rate the most though several think Honeyman would be a bit of a loss while others think he'd be no loss at all.

That's why I said if fit.... 

14 minutes ago, PuntItLikeDielna said:

That's why I said if fit.... 

In April 2016 suffered an ankle injury that kept him out for two months. In December 2016 suffered a cruciate ligament injury that finished his season. He's made six appearances this season. Much too big a gamble re being considered this summer at the very least IMO.

Edited by Beauchief Owl

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

........and equally loads wrong but everyone forgets them, I'd gladly go to a bookies and wager that we won't sign Honeyman.

Nixon was the first person to say we were after Carlos Carvalhal... now if he’s making stuff up that’s one hell of a name to pluck out of thin air.

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

Nixon was the first person to say we were after Carlos Carvalhal... now if he’s making stuff up that’s one hell of a name to pluck out of thin air.

He's a journalist its his job to get that kind of info and it was quite close to the appointment when he revealed it, he just makes a little info go a long way.

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

And he called Luhukay. Another lucky guess, no doubt 

3 minutes ago, dfoster said:

And he called Luhukay. Another lucky guess, no doubt 

He called Luhukay about 4 hours before it was confirmed, like I said he'll have some info as its his job. Most of what he types isn't worth reading, if you want to froth at the mouth with his fairy stories fire away.

2 minutes ago, dfoster said:

It was a day or so before and he still broke it..No one else got the name or even close. I'm not saying his word is gospel but he's a well informed journo who doesn't just make stuff up 

Forestieri must have scored that great goal on Saturday for Hull then.