Gossip

Firstly I will say I do not know how accurate this gossip is but would like to know if anyone has heard any similar.gossip.

At the game yesterday I was told we had already signed a couple of players up for new season on pre contract agreements. I understand they were from Europe (presumably Holland or Germany). They said had not been made public so as not to cause any unrest in squad at a time when many players were unavailble and relying on some who may not be present next season.

Anyone heard anything similar?

• Like 1

If I was to make up a rumour (and I am genuinely not saying that’s what the OP has done) then some vague notion of cheap European players signing would be a pretty low risk option bearing in mind we are skint with a European coach. Even if it’s not true now then it probably will be.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

Would prefer to sign players from league 1/2 but we definitely need to strengthen in certain areas so let’s see how it goes 

I'd rather we sign quality from the German leagues, far better value. Top players in Leagues One and Two are going for millions these days.

25 minutes ago, Quist said:

Firstly I will say I do not know how accurate this gossip is but would like to know if anyone has heard any similar.gossip.

At the game yesterday I was told we had already signed a couple of players up for new season on pre contract agreements. I understand they were from Europe (presumably Holland or Germany). They said had not been made public so as not to cause any unrest in squad at a time when many players were unavailble and relying on some who may not be present next season.

Anyone heard anything similar?

Can go one further than that, names I was told.

1st     Schnell  imbiss , supposed to be on fire this lad.

2nd    Donner  Blitzen, this lad is like lightning.

Thank me later poops.

• Haha 6

I've sat on this bit of info for ages now and didn't post it for fear of a public owlstalk hammering, I can't name names of the people I know or business names purely because of me wanting to keep my job, anyway I know this guy, owns a successful business whom I supply, he's a box holder at turf moor, friends with Mike garlick and David Baldwin, few week back he was talking to garlick and Baldwin and asked about their plans for nahki wells for next season and got told he wasn't in the plans for Burnley fc next season because he's signing for us, I've known this guy for years now so I've no reason to not believe him, told me about Andre Gray to Watford weeks before that happened and same for woods to Burnley weeks before that happened too, anyway now I've got that off my chest I'm ready for the hammering lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

It would make sense... we can offer wages that surpass what most clubs in Holland and Germany could pay, and we have the allure of being just one good season away from a Premier League contract that would set up not just a player but a player's entirely family for the next couple of generations up for a comfortable life. I'm definitely interested to see who we bring in. 

3 minutes ago, s73owl said:

I've sat on this bit of info for ages now and didn't post it for fear of a public owlstalk hammering, I can't name names of the people I know or business names purely because of me wanting to keep my job, anyway I know this guy, owns a successful business whom I supply, he's a box holder at turf moor, friends with Mike garlick and David Baldwin, few week back he was talking to garlick and Baldwin and asked about their plans for nahki wells for next season and got told he wasn't in the plans for Burnley fc next season because he's signing for us, I've known this guy for years now so I've no reason to not believe him, told me about Andre Gray to Watford weeks before that happened and same for woods to Burnley weeks before that happened too, anyway now I've got that off my chest I'm ready for the hammering lol

Oh now you've done it :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

Would prefer to sign players from league 1/2 but we definitely need to strengthen in certain areas so let’s see how it goes 

Signing players from L1/2 isn’t going to get us up.

We have some decent youth players whose contracts need sorting one way or another, but JL has shown he will give them a go which may help keep some of them on..but I think it’s fair to say Hirst and Clare won’t be at the club next term. 

The core team - when fit, is good enough to get us into contention but the top players must be kept on where possible. 

JL knows the German leagues and if he can bring some decent players on a tight budget then this support may been enough to get us over the line.

..but one cannot overemphasise how important pre season is after the past shambles and we have to get things right.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, s73owl said:

lol

• Haha 7

11 minutes ago, s73owl said:

Booooooooo lol

• Haha 1