Who'd have thought

Back in March when we had just conceded to Bolton in the last minute - that we would win 5 our of our next 7 matches? We had just come off the back of a horrible week where we had been knocked out of the cup, been thrashed at Bristol and lost at home to a poor Ipswich side. Nobody could see where our next win was coming from and we were in what felt like  the pit of despair watching Jones and Butterfield each week. We seemed to be heading full on into a relegation battle and were at the bottom of the form league.  

Step up Barry Bannan and Fernando Forestieri. Isn't it great to have them back? Today the sun was shining and it was like waking up from a nightmare. 

• Like 1

There was certainly a point in there where you looked at our injuries, form and fixtures and just couldn't see where the next point was coming from let alone win. I think credit needs to be given to Jos for steering us through one of the toughest periods in a long time. 

It's absolutely imperative that we take the lessons of this season (there have been many) and learn and do better, much better. Looking forward to the next chapter.

• Like 1

Just seeing Fernando back in his pesky little mood chasing the ball round like he really wants it and then just smashing home like he did just makes me cry, at what could have been, because this league apart from Wolves has been wee wee poor this season. I really hope we keep hold of him because at his best, he is one of the best in the league.

45 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Fulham are not wee wee. They have (guess what) pacy wing backs.

Cardiff have Colin. Nuff said! 

Yes good point, classy outfit Fulham, slow start I think they had has cost them auto's possibly. Cardiff aren't a very good side from the games I have seen but Colin certainly has done well with them and probably overall deserve 2nd place but them finishing second highlights my point really on the quality of the league.

3 hours ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Yes good point, classy outfit Fulham, slow start I think they had has cost them auto's possibly. Cardiff aren't a very good side from the games I have seen but Colin certainly has done well with them and probably overall deserve 2nd place but them finishing second highlights my point really on the quality of the league.

They were cobblers t'other week at S6, apart from Sessegnon. We had a real off day (one of about five billion this season) but F-'em are massively overrated as a team. If they don't go up this season -and I'm very much betting they won't - then they'll lose their Good Player within a fortnight, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them have a year like ours has been afterwards.

Edited by Mr. Tom