Bannan’s impact

Immediately prior to his return we lost 4 and drew 1.

He returned at Leeds at nil-nil. We won.

We have won the other 4 games where he has played almost every minute.

With him playing we have scored  14 and conceded 3. 

He missed QPR.

He went off at nil-nil v Fulham.

Brilliant player. Vital player. Makes everyone else around him into better players. Makes us a team. 

Thats not to underestimate the contribution of Hunt, Lees and Forestieri since their returns, nor that of Nuhiu, Joao, Reach, Pudil and co. But Bannan’s impact has been outstanding. 

Can't really argue. He's got his weaknesses but they mirror the weaknesses across the squad; his strengths are pretty unique in our starting XI and they give us an attacking dimension that a) we otherwise don't have, and b) other teams struggle with.

He's hugely important to our overall spirit too, I don't think his PASHUN gets enough attention. Long live BB!

5 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Thats not to underestimate the contribution of Hunt, Lees and Forestieri since their returns, nor that of Nuhiu, Joao, Reach, Pudil and co.

Sounds a bit like you're about to accept an Oscar

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Immediately prior to his return we lost 4 and drew 1.

He returned at Leeds at nil-nil. We won.

We have won the other 4 games where he has played almost every minute.

With him playing we have scored  14 and conceded 3. 

He missed QPR.

He went off at nil-nil v Fulham.

Brilliant player. Vital player. Makes everyone else around him into better players. Makes us a team. 

Thats not to underestimate the contribution of Hunt, Lees and Forestieri since their returns, nor that of Nuhiu, Joao, Reach, Pudil and co. But Bannan’s impact has been outstanding. 

Agree 100%

58 minutes ago, bobness said:

Sounds a bit like you're about to accept an Oscar

Haha.

Question at my pub quiz this week...

Which is the only film to have won the Best Picture Oscar, with the letters O S C A and R in its title?

Agree on the whole but noticed yesterday he was falling into his old habit of coming too deep to get the ball, even being in line with the back three. He is so much better when he's receiving the ball in the opponents half and attacking their defence.

Our results when he has played:-

W11.  D9.  L6.     That would get 74 points over the season, and into this year’s PO.

Without him:-

W2.  D5.  L11.   That would get 28 points over the season. Six less than Sunderland currently have.

Not for a second am I saying he is the reason we have improved so dramatically since he came back at Leeds, but it’s impossible to argue (there’s a gauntlet on OT) that he hasn’t been a huge factor.

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Haha.

Question at my pub quiz this week...

Which is the only film to have won the Best Picture Oscar, with the letters O S C A and R in its title?

Just now, Junk Smuggler said:

It was. I thought it was One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest first! 

I posted the same question on bladestalk this morning and the nearest answer so far is Kes.

• Haha 5