Pelupessy-8

Bannan- 8

Forestieri-8

Rhodes - 8

Subs-

Nuhiu-7

Joao-6

Kirby-6

That's in my opinion. Pudil, as I said in another thread, absolutely solid and worthy MOTM. Forestieri scored two cracking goals and worked tirelessly all game. Bannan for me is the engine in our squad, he dictates the game and his passing at times is sublime. Pelupessy for me is improving game by game but today he really impressed me, worked endlessly to win back the ball and keep possession with simple but successful passes. Rhodes was a work horse today, won virtually everything in the air and never stopped trying to hassle Readings defence. 

• Thanks 1

Pudil was excellent, as was Lees - in fact, the whole back line did well.

Rhodes did okay but we did look much better when João and Nuhiu came on, although that was as much to do with the formation change.

FF still lacking much of his sharpness (as you would expect), but he's a fantastic player and it's great to have him back. His second summed was a great strike, but his tenacity to win the ball back after he lost it was typical of him.

Pelupessy was fairly good. He's definitely improving.

I thought Boyd did quite well today - he looked decent last week. His crossing was sometimes a little frustrating, but at other times pretty dangerous. I'd not really been impressed with him, so I suppose he's worthy of a mention.

Edited by cowl

Dawson 7 Comfortable not much to do.

Hunt 6 Did alright but again goes off injured, recurring theme, need better next season.

Venancio 7 Played well.

Lees 7 Standard Tom Lees performance.

Pudil 7 Definitely playing for a new contract, great assist for the 1st goal too.

Boyd 6 Did well to score but not sure what he brings to the table, again hopefully won't be starting at wing back next season.

Pelupessy 6 Still can't make my mind up on him, doesn't do anything wrong but doesn't really do anything good either, he's just there.

Bannan 7 Bit quieter from him today but still a valued presence in midfield.

Reach 7 Improved performance, been poor in recent weeks, looked more at home at right back, wing back is his position.

Forestieri 9 Awesome, two good goals and just so important to us, top player.

Rhodes 7 Thought he did well, won some headers and brought the ball down well, wanted him to stay on.

Joao 6 Made a nuisance of himself as per usual

Nuhiu 6 Nice bit of skill in front of the north, goaded there player into a red card.

Kirby 6 Looked comfortable, nice to see a youth player make their debut

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

As for Reading, the worst side to come to Hillsborough this season. Woeful side. Luckily for them they have just enough to stay up.

Yeah, I thought the same. They actually created a few decent chances, mind, but their finishing was shocking.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

As for Reading, the worst side to come to Hillsborough this season. Woeful side. Luckily for them they have just enough to stay up.

Ment to add this to my post, couldn't believe how much they gave away possession, a total different style from when Stam was in charge. Aluko won the ball then gave it away almost every time he got it back lol

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

They just looked half arsed for a side who still could be relegated.

I really expected Clement to get stuck into them at half time, and to be fair they started the second half more on the front foot, but their forwards really offered them nothing all game long, and then when we scored our 2nd, they looked done. Pretty pathetic performance from them really.

Dawson 6 - only one savevto make and he dropped it.

Hunt 7 - winger got past a few times but decent.

Boyd 7 - very good today, and for a WB to get on the end of that move is impressive

Pudi and Fred 7 - both very solid alongside Tom

Lees 8 - a rock, yet again. He is bringing the ball forward more positively too

Bannan and Joey 7 - efficient and ever-there to take the ball from colleagues

Forestieri 9 - as others have said his touch was off, but to score 2 and be key to the third, plus energy throughout. Excellent. Four goals from a wide position since his comeback....let’s pray Jos has already realised he is best from wide attack rather than CF.

Reach 7 - ok all day but excellent when switched to RWB. Superb run and what a lovely shoulder drop to set up the goal.

Rhodes 7 - decent battles won thru the middle. Won quality headers whilst on.

Nuhiu and Joao both did excellently for their 30 minutes. Young Connor had little opportunity to shine but was busy, willing and available. 

Very disappointed with Bannan today. He always seems to be involved, but a pass to him invites an immediate return. Doesn't seem to run with the ball, although puts himself about a lot. And has anyone noticed his reluctance to pick Reach with a pass when it seems the one option.Are they not on speaking terms.?

5 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Very disappointed with Bannan today. He always seems to be involved, but a pass to him invites an immediate return. Doesn't seem to run with the ball, although puts himself about a lot. And has anyone noticed his reluctance to pick Reach with a pass when it seems the one option.Are they not on speaking terms.?

Seen it mentioned a dozen times in various threads going back months, spotted it myself once or twice at games. Gonna be rational and say it's just confirmation bias!

6 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Dawson 6 - only one savevto make and he dropped it.

Hunt 7 - winger got past a few times but decent.

Boyd 7 - very good today, and for a WB to get on the end of that move is impressive

Pudi and Fred 7 - both very solid alongside Tom

Lees 8 - a rock, yet again. He is bringing the ball forward more positively too

Bannan and Joey 7 - efficient and ever-there to take the ball from colleagues

Forestieri 9 - as others have said his touch was off, but to score 2 and be key to the third, plus energy throughout. Excellent. Four goals from a wide position since his comeback....let’s pray Jos has already realised he is best from wide attack rather than CF.

Reach 7 - ok all day but excellent when switched to RWB. Superb run and what a lovely shoulder drop to set up the goal.

Rhodes 7 - decent battles won thru the middle. Won quality headers whilst on.

Nuhiu and Joao both did excellently for their 30 minutes. Young Connor had little opportunity to shine but was busy, willing and available. 

Jesus.. do you ever stop banging on about Forestieri being better out wide? Possibly true, but sooo f*cking bored of hearing it!

Anyway, one of those l was a free kick, and he played centrally (albeit drifting all over the place) yesterday.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Dawson 6

Hunt 7

Venancio 6 solid bit awful distribution 

Lees 8

Pudil 8

Boyd 7  very good movement for his goal

Pelupessy 8 excellent 

Bannan 8

Reach 7 excellent assist

Forestieri 8

Rhodes 6

Nuhiu 6

Joao 7

Kirby 5

Overall very good.  Some sloppy play in places but a good team performance.  It’s interesting how much more dangerous we looked with Nuhiu/ Joao than with Rhodes.  Jordan actually did ok but he doesn’t have the same impact as the other two.  Also, Connor Kirby looked about 12!

12 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Dawson 6

Hunt 7

Lees 8

Pudil 8

Pelupessy 8 excellent 

Bannan 8

Reach 7 excellent assist

Forestieri 8

Rhodes 6

Nuhiu 6

Joao 7

Kirby 5

Overall very good.  Some sloppy play in places but a good team performance.  It’s interesting how much more dangerous we looked with Nuhiu/ Joao than with Rhodes.  Jordan actually did ok but he doesn’t have the same impact as the other two.  Also, Connor Kirby looked about 12!

TBF Rhodes was lone-striker.

Nuhiu and Joao played as a duo. 

I thought he did well. 

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Dawson 6

Hunt 7

Lees 8

Pudil 8

Pelupessy 8 excellent 

Bannan 8

Reach 7 excellent assist

Forestieri 8

Rhodes 6

Nuhiu 6

Joao 7

Kirby 5

You gave the lad 5??? 

FFS