Adam Reach

Bottled a couple of 50/50's but apart from that he put in a right shift today. The lad must have been running on empty at the end but still didnt stop.

Put in as much effort when he had to switch to right back too. Good to see.

Been a hero this season. As much as I've loved The Resurrection of Atdhe, be absolutely criminal if Reach doesn't take Player of Season. He's on for something like 49/50 league & cup games and has played 90+ minutes in all but about two of them. Amazing work ethic and more than a few key assists, not to mention being responsible for 50% of our proper screamers.

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Like 1

He must run miles every match. He also must have played in about four different positions today. He gets stick for not tackling but he clearly isn't a defender. Deserves massive credit for what he has done this season. Was the only bright spot for months in the pit of despair we were in. Should get every player of the season award going for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Magnificent 3/4 of the field run from RB. Boy he can run. 

He is so wasted when when he plays centrally.

I've come to the same conclusion.

I think we really need to go all out now and start next season with AR in the left wing back role.

Shows great energy in that role and looked a different beast when Hunt went off.

Yes he neshes the odd tackle but I think if we say that will be his role from next season he'll improve.

Wasted in central midfield with all that energy.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Magnificent 3/4 of the field run from RB. Boy he can run. 

He is so wasted when when he plays centrally.

Was speaking about this today, perfect for wingback now that he runs at people and his energy and workrate is unbelievable, player of the season for me 

2 hours ago, roundhayowl said:

Needs to play at full back next year. His best works come from the wing and did yet again today.

Disagree. He had one of his better performances today and worked his arse off but at full back he was turned inside out several times and looked ineffective but blossomed when able to run oot from the back with it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, S Cops Owl said:

Disagree. He had one of his better performances today and worked his arse off but at full back he was turned inside out several times and looked ineffective but blossomed when able to run oot from the back with it.

This, totally wasted at FB for me. Ditto Boyd, and even Palmer. We desperately need to go shopping in that aisle.

Edited by Mr. Tom

There's times when Reach is playing CM when he receives the ball but doesn't seem to have the confidence to turn and go forward.

He did it yesterday when there was no-one near him and this infuriates me because he's got the talent to drive forward but seems to

take the easy option. When we've got the midfield back I'd prefer to see him play LWB with Bannan feeding him passes to run on to.

Saying that, when everything was looking bleak and we were struggling to get a team out, Reach was the one who held everything together.

He looks jaded to me at times now, but that's understandable given the amount of games he's played - definitely player of the season for me.